[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you drive a manual diesel, do you release the clutch fully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

If you drive a manual diesel, do you release the clutch fully after the gear change before you use the gas again?

I was driving such a car of my friend yesterday and i was not able to change from 2-3, 3-4 without having a little jerk when having using the gas again.
I know that i have to use a bit more gas when setting the car into motion when its a diesel, other than that im clueless.

Thanks br/o/'s
>>
>>15829568
Your drive it like you do a petrol ffs. As you are taking your foot of the clutch, you are pressing the accelerator.
>>
>>15829568
It's all about timing. When you git gud, you will be able to time it so you are giving it throttle just as the clutch is starting to bite again.
>>
>>15829577
Oh i thought that wasn't good for the clutch somehow.. i should release it fully before using the accelerator.

Nevermind mind then, thanks and greetings from /k/
>>
>>15829568
first you shift like any other standard
then you make an offer to buy the car
>>
>>15829584
release it fully slowly. don't pop it in.
then gas it.
>>
>>15829632
No. Dumbass. Thus will give a jerk from the engine braking
>>
>>15829632
im not going to try to just ram it in, but i think >>15829703 is right, it just needs a little rev on the engine, thus removing the jerk
>>
>>15829716
Correct. Give it another go and let us know how you went op.
>>
>>15829730
will do m8, thx
>>
File: 1xceers.jpg (161KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1xceers.jpg
161KB, 1920x1200px
>>15829568
>I know that i have to use a bit more gas when setting the car into motion when its a diesel
Uhmm, no. Diesels have so much torque at low end that you dont even need throttle to start rolling, only release clutch slower, hell if youve got straight road you can go from 1st to 6th gear without touching accelerator at all.
>>
There wouldn't be a jerk if you matched the revs properly (which you should do anyway when shifting to save your synchros). If you can't match the revs properly you need to let the clutch slowly accelerate to the engine revs by holding it at the biting point. In the end you can decide if you want higher clutch wear, higher stress on your transmission (jerk) or if you just want to shift properly.
>>
If you're driving a torquey engine it takes much much less has when shifting. That's an adjustment I had to make when I went from 4 cylinder to v8
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.