[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Fiesta ST as good a buy as the reviews say, or is it shit tier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1435093682415586222.png (568KB, 800x465px) Image search: [Google]
1435093682415586222.png
568KB, 800x465px
Is the Fiesta ST as good a buy as the reviews say, or is it shit tier?
>>
It's the god hatch
>>
>>15827422
This
>>
>>15827343
low quality but fun to drive in a plebby kinda way
>>
>>15827343
What makes it fun? What makes it good?
Not OP, but interested.
>>
Hecho en Mexico
>>
I own one, it's really good, all the gripes I have with it are minor.

Don't get meme'd into buying a million useless bolt ons though, the FiST community is one of the most scammed. The turbo outlet is the tightest bottleneck, buying high flow hoses/downpipes/exhaust will be of little benefit unless you get a bigger turbo.

All you need is a FMIC, high flow filter, RMM, and a tune. Anything else is waste unless you plan to go beyond 250 crank HP.
>>
File: can1500miles.jpg (1MB, 2414x2642px) Image search: [Google]
can1500miles.jpg
1MB, 2414x2642px
>>15827833
Catch cans are also a meme, pic related from the Focus ST forum. Only 12% of carbon build up is caused by the PCV system, most of what your OCC catches is just fuel. Just manually clean off the valves at some point.

For driving feels, a short shifter with Boomba bushings feels really great, though the stock shifter is still pretty good. Also recommend a pedal spacer for heel-toeing and 16" wheels for a nicer ride.

>>15827670
Great handling, torque vectoring makes it rotate like FWD shouldn't be able to, lots of torque for a little engine, fast spooling snail, lightweight, fun personality, comfy Recaro heated seats.
>>
>>15827900
Would you say the Recaro package is worth the extra $2k? I can get a Kona Blue out the door just under $22k (only option is the ebony wheels, no nav or Recaro), not sure I want to spring for them.
>>
>>15827774
I was going to reply to this because I thought you were full of it at first. I didn't realise that the North American version of this car has 5 doors and is made in Mexico. Quick trip to Wikipedia cleared that up for me, so thanks for helping me learn something.

Aside: what's Mexico like for cars? I own American and Mexican Fender guitars, and I know what their guitars are like. No idea about Mexican manufacturing generally.

t. Ausfag owner of Fiesta XR4 and Fiesta ST, both made in Germany.
>>
>>15827960
Also I see the NA version is 150kg heavier. That's a bit of a downer.
>>
>>15827960
They take more pride in their work and are in general more bro tier
>>
>>15827949
Here in Canada, the Recaro is standard, so I can't really compare the two seats. That said, I find these the best seats of any car I've sat in under 50k. A few people find them too tight, probably fat people.
>>
>>15827949
I got mine for $21k without recaros but I would like to have recaros. You should go sit in them to see if you like them, some people have complained that they feel a little too tight
>>
>>15827422
>literally proud to own a car made in Mexico
Americans really are the ultimate cucks lmao
>>
>>15827343
>Hmmmmm a bunch of reviewers say this car is good
>Better ask /o/ for the real facts.
>>
>>15827960
Mexicans making cars in Mexico > Mexicans making cars in America

Laugh at anyone who shits on you for owning a car made in Mexico, because in Mexico job security and worker rights are a joke, which means Mexicans actually have to do a good jib. However the Mexicans (and niggers) who work in American factories don't give a shit because nobody will fire them for fucking up since muh unions and all those worker rights, and even fears of racism charges stay a foreman's or exec's hand. They also get breaks all the time which makes them lazy. Mexicans in Mexico only get one break a day which means they work hard and constantly because it makes the time between breaks/end-of-shift go faster.

MUH MADE IN AMERICA is a big fucking joke when it comes to car manufacture.
>>
>>15827900
> Just manually clean off the valves.
>>
>>15828458
We have the right to bear and carry firearms. That alone trumps anything you can do.
>>
So I'm a 260 pound 6'0 guy and I have to choose between this or a polo gti, which one do I pick?
>>
>>15830947
Well not the vw if you want to wrench
>>
>>15827949
if you are a heavier guy they aren't that comfortable.
>>
>>15830947
A weight loss program
>>
>>15830913
You forgot free speech

>you can literally be fined or sent to jail in yuropoorland for flipping someone off
Ultimate cucks
>>
>>15830961
I'm 6'6" 250 and I was comfortable in a rental Fiesta though I'm sure it had the basic seats
>>
>>15827422
>not the RS

Boy, americans are gold
>>
why would anyone get the fiesta over a focus?
>>
>>15831442
you must be 12. if they actually massed produced the RS where there'd be more than one at every 5 dealers that wasn't marked up $10k over msrp they might be a god hatch.

the fiesta st is cheap, affordable, handles great, makes great power, and has tons of aftermarket

>>15831469
focus is more expensive, has more space (not everyone needs)
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2679x3573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2679x3573px
I have a fiesta st. It's great. It has enough power to put a smile on your face. Handles brilliantly. And when you're really light on throttle I've gone as high as 44 mpg. Best of all is I got mine certified used with 15k miles on the clock for 17k cash out the door from a dealership.
>>
What's reliability/yearly maintenance like on these? Much more than the stock Fiesta?
Also, try and convince me not to get the Focus ST, I'm really leaning towards that but everyone says the fiesta is better for some reason
>>
>>15832268
Yeah I've seen them for quite cheap and fairly low mileage (30-40k) which makes me suspicious
>>
>>15827343
A client of mine has a 2014 focus and its been to the dealer 4 times for major repairs in a little over a year. Its under warranty, but still.
>>
>>15832694
a lot of people drop their cars right after warranty is up .

ford's is 3yr /36k originally
>>
>>15832673
Check out the fiesta st maintence guide.

My fiesta came included with a 100k mile warranty
>>
>>15832673
These cars eat front brake pads for dinner. They also have the carbon buildup you'd expect from a DI turbo engine with no catch can. Otherwise, no different from your average car, just don't cheap out on oil/filters/pads/etc
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.