[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: childhood heroes you should have never met ;_;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: delorean-dmc12-7.jpg (246KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
delorean-dmc12-7.jpg
246KB, 1920x1200px
>ITT: childhood heroes you should have never met

;_;
>>
KITT was pretty underwhelming when I found out 80s firebirds have like 160hp
>>
Deloreons are cool. Only people living under a rock, wouldn't know that they are actually horrible to drive. Though you drive it anyways, because it has a giggle factor and you get attention.

I wouldn't take a long trip in one though.
>>
>>15823186
Uhhh you clearly forgot about the Turbo buttons KITT had.
>>
>>15823206
>buttons
excuse me, but you're only supposed to use TURBO once per episode
>>
>>15823189
>Only people living under a rock, wouldn't know that they are actually horrible to drive.
No, normies don't know jack shit about the DeLorean at all, all the know about it is BACK TO THE FUTURE. It literally does not exist outside of the movie in the public mind.
>>
>>15823130
There's one out there with an LS in it
>>
>>15823634
the engine is the least of it's problems.
>>
>>15823186

I watch RCR too
>>
>>15823130

There's one of these five miles from me - very rare to see here in the UK
>>
A friend of mine had one for a while. Let's be honest it only became famous because of the movie. It's a slow POS and who the fuck thought it was good idea to make a body out of fucking stainless steel?
>>
File: DeLorean-DMC-12.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DeLorean-DMC-12.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
>>15824062
I'll have to disagree on the stainless steel body, it is honestly so absurd and unique that it actually works on an aesthetic level, tbqh.

Honestly, the design of the car is totally on par with the best supercars of the 80s, but that's irrelevant when even a beater Porsche 924 bought for 2k on Craigslist can easily outlap it. It might have the body of an exotic, but that's somewhat irrelevant when it has the handling and horsepower of a van.
>>
>>15823130

when i was a mechanic there was this rich old fuck that had oddball cars he brought in, once was a Delorean DMC 12. i got to drive it and work on it

honestly theyre nothing special, the interior is bland as hell especially the dash and its slow. my 1979 Toyota Supra has more bloody power and that things slow as shit. DMC 12 look cool, but performance wise suck hard

we had to do his passenger side window regulator one time too, you want a nightmare there it is
>>
>>15824062

stainless steel is legit cool, i hope theyre still planning on or have remade the DMC 12 with a newer engine like they said they would because with an upgraded interior and faster engine i'd rock it
>>
>>15824334
Vans have a lot of hp...
>>
>dmc 12
>not a 12 cylinder
>not even a v8
>it's a v6
>a Buick spec v6 not a high output v6
>>
File: 5665.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5665.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>15824419

>Americans call it "turbo 400 transmission"
>transmission doesnt have a turbo on it
>>
>>
>>15823130
>Lada 2101
Watching any car get passed by a Prius is sad.
>>
>>15827312
> not loving general mayhem matching times with dat 2015 legacy around that dirt track
>>
>>15824062
the body is pretty much the ONLY thing the DeLorean has going for it. it's stainless steel body is truly unique.
>>
>>15827606
Oh I love it, but it makes me want to do it on public roads
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.