[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /o/. I should have $5k in the next few months. I sort of have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 日本鋼.jpg (4MB, 4303x2421px) Image search: [Google]
日本鋼.jpg
4MB, 4303x2421px
Ok /o/. I should have $5k in the next few months. I sort of have a kind of shitty Z32. But I was thinking of picking up something else. Issue is I don't really know what I want.

I want something of maybe a similar style. But I'm open to ideas.

What do you think. What should I look into
>>
240sx.
Just as unreliable (plastics, wires, hoses) but cheaper and easier to fix.
>>
>>15821687
How is it shitty? If you like the car just put your 5k into making it nice instead of buying a car that's just as shitty in a different way.
>>
>>15821687
You should just get a Maaco paint job, and buy an Ebay turbo kit if it isn't turbo (upgrade head bolts too) or if it is tarbo, supersize that bitch and upgrade the fuel delivery system.
You'll love yourself for it.
>>
>>15821715
It's shitty enough that it may be cheaper to just buy another car. Hell even another z, I've been looking. Also I may have a small issue with the title. It's a weird situation.
>>
>>15821716
If I was gonna turbo. I'd go all the way and put the vg30dett in it. Which is also a small possibility.
>>
>>15821687
For 5k you can afford a couple good shitboxes. If you are up for putting in a bit of work, you can find C4 corvettes that need some work for like 4k not just corvettes but other good sporty cars that need a bit of work for less than 5k. If you are patient and are a bit mechanically inclined you can easily get a good sporty car for cheap. You can also buy another Z car for 5k pretty easily. You can find older turbo versions for around that much if you look hard enough. You don't have to stop at 5k either. If you are willing to finance, you can use those 5k as a down payment on a new or used car at a dealer. You will in return get a better/newer car, and build credit if you keep up with payments. If you want something used, you cna easily go to a used dealer, find a nice 8k car you want, and use the 5k as a down payment, and end up only owing 3k which is easy as fuck to pay back.
>>
>>15821729
Whats wrong with the title? What's wrong with the car?
>>
>>15821716
>>15821748
Right. Never turbo an n/a vg30
>>
>>15822087
You dont want a vg30dett from someone who owned one.
>>
Look at some manual 330ci. You'll be surprised at how much more powerful it feels than the NA Z32.
>>
>>15822087
It's fine to turbo the NA on e85. That higher compression makes good power. We've been doing it more and more at the shop. Did one the other night NA with supporting mods (turbo) did 570 whp.
>>
File: 1473722734541.png (550KB, 494x467px)
1473722734541.png
550KB, 494x467px
>>15822135
Wrong
I love mine, enough to have spent the time and money and extreme pain of rebuilding it entirely

I make 580hp on 20psi
I will never sell the car

But yeah, it's gonna make you want to die

My reccs for upgrades: maint, coilovers (powertrix makes "affordable" models), wider wheels and sport tires (I have 295 rear, 275 front), then forged pistons (rods are stock forged on the DETT), TARBOS, injectors, intercoolers (yes, two, side mounts a best), bigger rad, oh and a new ECU for all of this, plus a full exhaust (3" to quad tips), and a dyno tune.

$14,000 later and here we are

>>
>>15821900
Prolly not even still there. Got busy with army stuff.

So I bought the car too hastily cause I was excite about it. And I didn't check the title enough before hand. I bought with a bill of sale. The guy I bought it from wasn't the name it was sold to on the title. Now I've done several Vin checks over a period of time and the car isn't stolen or anything bad with it. But the paperwork I have for it may not fly. It's an Ohio title, and I'm going to reg it in california or Colorado. Depending on how things go. So there's a good bit of complications with that.

And as far as the car itself goes. It's a lot of little things. That I also didn't see when I had on my rose coloured glasses
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.