[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most tough car you had? Mine Volvo 940 That machine was like a Tank.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Volvo 940.jpg (182KB, 788x591px) Image search: [Google]
Volvo 940.jpg
182KB, 788x591px
Most tough car you had?

Mine Volvo 940

That machine was like a Tank.
>>
1988 Acura Legend. 200k-~220k and miles all I needed to replace was the brake master cylinder and brake pads. I would regularly drive it from LA to NorCal too
>>
86 Ford Crown Vic,

Goddamn thing leaked every fluid it had at 283000k, and the tranny was randomly slipping.

But it wouldn't die and it'd still snarl and burn the tires when i hit the gas.
>>
>>15820538
1978 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight
>built like a tank
>had at best 8 MPG fuel economy
>ALL paint had flaked off the body
>the "pleather" upholstery inside was cracking apart
>Over 300K on the odo
>revving the engine to the redline would frighten farm animals from miles away

sold it for $300
>>
>>15820753
forgot to mention
>the air ride suspension...
That was the smoothest riding car I'd ever owned

>Oh, we're moving? I didn't notice
>>
W124, no competition
>>
1987 GMC S-15

>first car
>no rear suspension
>heat could roast a turkey
>every fluid but brake fluid would end mixed together
>ended up finding a whole in the block the size of an man'so hand
>you could watch the Crank turn through it
>ended up junking it because it cost to much in oil
>>
1987 Dodge Ramcharger

>Like a barn on wheels
>That <10 mpg
>Ran it into a tree while wheeling
>Hit ice one morning, went sideways into a ditch and through a fence
>Put it in 4 wheel and drove out
>Still drove fine just needed a new grill
>>
>1995 Jaguar Vanden Plas
>EVERYTHING WORKED including heated seats, telescopic steering wheel, automatic radio volume and automatic presetting for road trips, headlight washers, automatic closing windows and sunroof, button controlled cruise control
>that mother fucker was stacked with leather that stayed in great fucking shape, I can count the plastic in the car with one hand
>fast and never burned oil or even hiccuped
>beautiful exterior and paint that took like 2 weeks to do in the factory, also never scraped even when there was a huge dent on one fender; if you knock on any body panel it felt like a tank, that's how thick the steel was
>took one hell of a beating by yours truly once I started watching initial D
>got 26 MPGS mostly city from a 20 year old 4.2 inline six tugging a 2 ton car, seriously (highway was crazy good, I would see 32-36 depending on the road)
>200,000 miles
Not the craziest story, sure, but the thing felt like a 2 year old car and it is 22. I miss it sometimes, but hooning made me feel guilty so I sold it to my old Jag loving friend after drifting it into a curb. By the way, 2 tons of steer smashing into a curb at speed, and I was able to drive it 15km to my brothers house. The rim chipped but just barely enough to hold sir, and the hub carrier (cast aluminum) cracked. That's IT.
>>
>>15820881
That last sentence... steel* air*
>>
94 Honda Accord

it has been sitting in florida sun for three years. charged the battery and it started right up. still under 200k though.

My sister has a 04 civic dx with 300k miles. bought at 200k for $200 due to bent valves from broken timing belt. fixed for $250 in an afternoon. transmission did go out eventually though but got it rebuilt cheap.
>>
>>15820538
My esteemed africanized peer. I recently slopped a 50-60 pound deer in mine. The bumper probably took the brunt, because the only real damage was the right front blinker and a crack in the plastic the headlights are mounted on. I got a new blinker and readjusted my headlights and it was as good as new. Bambi had its guts pushed out the asshole. Fucking dumbshits.
>>
File: 300820311999fordf-150lariat-2.jpg (46KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
300820311999fordf-150lariat-2.jpg
46KB, 600x388px
>>15820538
>1998 Ford F-150 Lariat.
Went through so much hell. Was underwater once during a hurricane in Louisiana (only half of the truck was) but still managed to work like a trooper. It's gone now, probably sadly rusting away at a scrapyard. But it was the by far one of the best trucks i've ever had.
>>
>>15820911
It had nothing on my mazda b2200, though. Pickups with cowcatchers still make my dick tingle, when I think back to removing the ass end of a honda that miscalculated the distance when he was cutting me off. Hhhnnnnggg!!
>>
S10 blazer

>Jumped it every day
>Multiple burnouts every day
>160kph down the highway with 0 oil pressure
>Gas constantly leaked from the fucked spider into the oil
>Ran it a lot with less than 100ml of oil
>5 hours of winter hooning a day, every day.
>Smashed it into multiple trees "rally racing"
>hydrolocked it then drove home with sand and mud in the oil
>>
94 Cavalier Wagon

Inherited it after years and years of family using it with zero maintenance, and it still runs mostly fine. It obviously needs some work but it's still 100% viable as a daily driver.
>>
First gen Hyundai Santa Fe.

>280k miles
>once went 12K miles on one oil change
> would take it mudding and do some pretty intense jumps
> a total of 6 documented wrecks with no repairs ever done, not to mention all the undocumented ones
> drove it through 3 feet of water, and only had to replace the MAF which I stole from a junk yard
> dumbass friend shoved it in reverse while i was doing 80mph

That car right there will make me never talk shit about Hyundai no matter how shitty they can be.
>>
w124 200d. 700kkm on the clock and runs like it rolled off the production line yesterday
>>
>>15820538
>pic related
had it for 3 years
bought it when i was 19 had 136k on it
sold it when i was 22 with 191k on it
it was my home, my truck, my pussy wagon, drove everywhere in that thing.
replaced timing belt, water pump, 1 valve adjustment 1 transmission fluid change 1 starter replacment 3 batterys, 2 door panels 3 sterios 8 tires 2 cargo covers 3 short ram intakes. 1 axle
stolen from me once

it was never the same after that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.