[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright /o/, explain to me why does this board hate VW so much.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

alright /o/, explain to me why does this board hate VW so much. Are US market VW's being made with worse quality materials or made more unreliable on purpose by the Germans? no one is complaining about vw unreliability and prices here in Europe, they're actually considered to be one of the best value for money cars and they're pretty cheap to run, while repairs wont break your bank unlike mercedes and audi.Cheap,pretty reliable and efficient - that's what VW is in Europe.
>>
While us VWs are indeed worse since most are built in Mexico the euro reputation is way overrated and dates back from late 90's early 00's when they were king. Today they are not better than the french.
>>
>>15819511
VW is 29th out of 32 manufacturers in this European reliability survey
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/91220/the-most-and-least-reliable-car-manufacturers-2016

I like how their cars look and stuff but shit like this turns me off getting one
>>
>>15819511
It's not just this board or website or even just cars, Americans are generally anti foreigner.
>>
>>15819528
anything is better than french. at least they wont catch fire when you turn the radio on
>>
File: peugeot-308-home-2.jpg (152KB, 658x362px) Image search: [Google]
peugeot-308-home-2.jpg
152KB, 658x362px
>>15819550
The 308 is better than the Golf tho, and the new Megane doesn't look bad either.
>>
>>15819543
Nothing wrong with good quality foreign stuff, it's just that as an anon mentioned, all of the Mexican built ones are trash and the German ones have gone down the shitter as of late too.
>>
>>15819582
Passat is probably still the best mid-tier saloon in the market and it looks awesome. while 308 vs Golf is rather personal choice i assume, dont really like the interior in 308.
>>
>>15819602
The german ones were always built like shit, people like saying MEXICO MEXICO MEXICO forgetting Audis/Mercedes and higher-spec VWs (think anything that isn't a base model Golf/Jetta) were all built in Germany by Germans

the mexican ones if anything were more reliable just due to being simpler/cheaper lower optioned models
>>
>>15819582
The new megane looks like shit and is pigfat. The new 308 is at least light
>>
>>15819511
1. They are universally unreliable and have poor quality electrics and interiors
2. They are the most anti-enthusiast german brand. Only the Golf R is worth buying from a performance standpoint, though GTI fanboys will tell you to no end how "great" their overweight tarted up shitbox is
3. They're tainted by what is probably the most cancerous fanbase of any brand, only Honda comes close to having as cancerous of a fanbase
>>
File: skoda_superb.jpg (210KB, 1114x756px) Image search: [Google]
skoda_superb.jpg
210KB, 1114x756px
>>15819637
>Passat is probably still the best mid-tier saloon in the market and it looks awesome.
That would be Superb
>>
>>15819511
>more expensive than a lot of korean brands
>offer less guarantee
>cars look boring and are boring to drive in lower specs

There's no reason to buy a VW over a Kia besides muh prestige
>>
>>15819582
Lol no
>>
>>15819717
No, if it doesn't have a W on the VIN you don't consider it.
>>
>>15819511
>no one is complaining about vw unreliability and prices here in Europe
Holy fucking shit. There are so many complaints about Volkswagen's automatic gearboxes and their engines.

It was a year or two ago that some Audi A5 owner here parked his car outside a dealership with complaints stuck on the side of it since they wouldn't fix his oil-guzzling (4 liters per 100 km) piece of shit engine.
>>
used to have a vw beetle turbo s. They're high maintenance. Any VW turbo needs to use full synthetic oil only and changed every 5k. Not doing do so can lead to some nasty problems. Oil leaks are a big issue, pcv problems and shitty cooling system components.

They're less reliable than a comparable toyota or Honda but more fun.
>>
I feel like VW can't make up its mind about what it is... and VW's American arm has its head up its ass.

Volkswagen was good when they made simple but well-engineered and well-built vehicles.
The modern company seems to interpret this as "premium" level branding. They stuff too much fancy shit in the cars, then backpedal and take shortcuts to hit a price point. Then shit falls apart all over the place.

They need to leave the luxury shit to Audi and go back to making solid, straightforward, affordable, fun Volkswagens.
>>
>>15822593
>go back to making solid, straightforward, affordable, fun Volkswagens.

Gave me a boner.
>>
>>15822593
>go back to making solid, straightforward, affordable, fun Volkswagens.
but that's what skoda is for
>>
>>15820276
A W on the VIN doesn't mean it won't be a tremendous pos. Look at Audis.
>>
>>15820276
>

My German built B5 was dead at 130k from severe electrical problems
My Mexican built A4 was still running strong when I sold it at 250k

Doesn't matter if it's built by Mexican robots or German robots, shit quality is shit quality
>>
>doesn't bring Scirocco to US
>fuck guys no one takes us seriously what the fuck do we do

Get fucked, I hope this misguided piece of shit company get bankrupted to hell.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.