[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New pick up suggestions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

My father is looking to lease a mid range pick up and is quite decided on a 2017 Manual or automatic Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport. He asked me my opinion but since I don't know much about pick-ups, I'm asking you guys.

He will mainly use it for delivery, some construction work, very light off road and for the outdoors (camping,kayak...). He is looking for something reliable, durable and that can handle canadian winters. He's not really interested in a full size pick-up.

Thoughts?
>>
>>15810635
If he really wanted to do those things he'd go buy a ranger on craigslist for a few grand.
>>
>>15810635
For off-roading I prefer auto.

Love manuals in almost every other situation, but for I really enjoy an automatic in the dirt.
>>
>>15810656
He has lived half of his life in poverty and can now afford nice things. But I get your reasoning. Is the Tacoma the best mid-range truck or is there something better?
>>
>>15810694
Tacoma is definitely the best option. as someone who lives in Colorado and is thoroughly annoyed of every single psuedo-hipster fuck driving a brand new 4x4 Toyota, I still really like the new Tacoma. I'd consider buying the new TRD Pro but I would be so ashamed to be associated with the other faggots that drive them. they're getting worse than Subarus here.
>>
>>15810694
>i can now afford to waste money to impress people i don't like and will never see again

a truck is a tool and will get damaged in normal use. he'll pay for it at the end of the lease. Tell him to buy a used truck for the 15k he'll spend over the term of the lease.
>>
>>15810822
What can he get for 15k? A used Tacoma, Ford Ranger...?
>>
>>15810822
why do you care how he spends his money? just trying to justify driving a 20 year old shitbox?

my truck has 40k miles of offroading, towing, hauling and has nothing but a few rock chips because I'm not careless with it.
>>
>>15810635

The new Tacoma is probably the best mid-size pickup yet, though there isn't much competition other than the Colorado, which is probably the second best. If I was going to buy a mid-size truck, I would most likely pick the Tacoma until the Tesla truck got released, then I would sell it and get that.
>>
>>15810832
I don't know what the market is like in canada but his money would go further on a ranger or frontier than a tacoma. I would just buy the cleanest one i could find for the money. The ranger was only changed cosmetically since 1993 and the frontier hasn't been changed since 2004.
>>
Bump for more feedback
>>
>>15810817
>arg, those hipsters! They do things I don't like and that's why they're hipsters! Just like normies and cucks!
Just end your life desu senpai
>>
Go with the Tacoma.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.