[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this Fiat's response to the Mx-5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Is this Fiat's response to the Mx-5
>>
>>15809938
It is LITERALLY Fiat's MX-5.
>>
>>15809938
I really do hope that you know the facts behind the two and you're just trolling.
>>
>longer body
>same wheelbase
>>
>>15810407
>>15810053
>>15809949

Faggots, it's made in the mx-5 factory by mazda themselves. only the engine is from fiat.
>>
>>15812355
yeah it's basically a weaker 2015 mx-5.
Fiat asked mazda to manufacture it, mazda used the last year mx-5 transmission etc in the Fiat.

It's profitable for both.
few or no research for Fiat, easy money for mazda by using last year's tech leftovers...
>>
>>15812427
Yeah should have used this gen's gearbox (that explodes when you put 150lbft through it) instead
>>
>>15812427
The engine produces more torque which is why fiat went with the more reliable transmission.
>>
>>15809938
softer suspension
turbo engine boosted to 22 psi
lag is godawful unless you're deep in the power band
>>15812355
The glass is also Mopar branded for some reason
>>
>>15812475
>softer suspension
comfy but you have to spend more time loading and unloading
>lag is godawful unless you're deep in the power band
a bit annoying in traffic but I cant imagine it being a problem past 60 mph

.ie drive it like a fiat
>>
>>15812497
fiat engineers seem to find turbo lag enjoyable, maybe it's how it spools up in power or something...
>>
>>15812427
>yeah it's basically a weaker 2015 mx-5.
>weaker
It actually has more hp, and a usable powerband.

>tech leftovers
Chassis is brand new, and they only used the NC gearbox because of the better ratios, which suited the 1.4 turbo. Later, people found out the ND transmissions (or at least the first ones) were glass, so that's a good thing.

>>15812468
>more reliable
No, better ratios.

>>15812475
>softer suspension
Nope. Go watch the Motortrend review, it's actually a lot better than the stock ND.

>The glass is also Mopar branded for some reason
That's because you have to source replacement glass (which is Fiata-exclusive) through Mopar, which is now the parts division for all of FCA, not jsut Dodge/Chrysler.
>>
>>15812503
Motor Trend review says it is softer, but loads better in corners over the ND
>>
>>15812502
some of the older ohv fiat engines have allot of mid range torque when turbo charged with the latter sohc being a little more strung out
odd thing about fiat engines of the time is an entire series of various capacity all have the same specific output

I don't really know much about the current engines
http://www.allpar.com/mopar/14.html
this is the engine ?
>>
>>15812555
yes, base models use the Dart tune I believe
>>
>>15812427
>yeah it's basically a weaker 2015 mx-5

How is that even possible?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.