[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's... kinda boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

I'm sure it'll have fantastic performance on the track, but I can't help but be a little bored by the Ferd GT. "GT" means grand touring, but this just seems to be pure race kar and it doesn't do anything new.

It's got Sport Cup 2's, because all track cars do that. It has twin turbos, because almost every supercar has that now. It has a 7 speed dual clutch, just like everyone else. It has a farty V6, because engine character is unimportant. The body is teardrop shaped with active aerodynamics, just like most track cars. The interior is spartan with carbon fiber and alcantara, like any McLaren or kit car.

It doesn't stand out amongst any other modern supercars. Just another streetable race car that laps Durrburgerking in seven minutes and who gives a fuck seconds.

>assmad gm fangirl detected
>implying I don't own an ecoboost myself
>>
>>15809876
The car looks great, and will definitely handle well while the turbo V6 is a showcase of the advantages of downsizing. Why bother with inefficient, large engines when a small turbo engine can deliver similar or more horsepower while emitting less pollution and consuming less fuel? The Frod GT represents progress; if you want a supercar with a manual transmission and archaic bug NA engine, go look on the second-hand market.
>>
File: d77.gif (456KB, 1280x1288px) Image search: [Google]
d77.gif
456KB, 1280x1288px
>>15809876
>it doesn't stand out
It has a lightweight engine and chassis that will wreck anything short of 750k a side from a radical or ariel.
>>
>>15809876
It's pretty expensive
>>
>have the god-tier mustang platform
>no lincoln GT car

FUCK OFF FORD
>>
>meme machine not generating any discussion when someone makes a serious thread about it
>>
>>15811821
>/o/ can have a serious discussion about cars
>>
>>15810002
>Source: My ass
>>
>>15811821
Well, it's an MR twin turbo street going car, designed for optimum track performance for the financially well off, and it's going to spend most of its time in one of those bubble thingies after a couple of cars get crashed, which will skyrocket the value.
>>
>>15809876
>It has a farty V6, because engine character is unimportant.

Actually it has a V6 because the aero doesn't work with a longer engine.

Were you really expecting them to compromise the performance of the vehicle so you could have a sound you liked?

Does it come with a stereo?

How do you expect Ford to make a stand out super car, smart guy?
>>
>>15809876
>"GT" means grand touring
No, it refers to GT-class racing, which was used for Grand Tourers 40 years ago. It isn't about those nowadays.

>>15809984
>the turbo V6 is a showcase of how a marketing department can overrule the engineers
ftfy
>>
>>15810002
Unless you've got reliable sources stating that it's going to be sub 2900lbs and above 650hp, it's going to have a real hard time competing with something like the 675LT (MSRP: half of 750K)
>>
>>15812002
>Actually it has a V6 because the aero doesn't work with a longer engine.
Citation. Fucking. Needed. F1 aero worked just fine for years and year using V8 and V10 engines. Actually, the longer an object is, the more aerodynamic it's going to be - which means engineers can add downforce without resulting in huge drag.

>Were you really expecting them to compromise the performance of the vehicle so you could have a sound you liked?
No, most people were expecting the engineers not to be cucked by the marketing department. It could've had a twinturbo Voodoo - but that wasn't ''efficient'' and ''Eco'' and wouldn't ''draw a line between the street and the track''.

>Does it come with a stereo?
Of course it does. It's a car for normies and shills.
>>
>>15809876
assmad ford fangirl detected
>>
>>15812089
Not the anon you replied to, but I remember Ford saying that the relatively small V6 allowed them to slim certain portions of the car, especially the area near the rear buttress which then allowed for more air to flow through. Of course, it's not like they could've engineered similar aero performance even with a slightly larger engine bay.
>>
>>15812048
Mclaren's 650S successor could be a competitor to the GT as well, depending on how fast it turns out to be.
>>
File: 2016-ford-gt-11_800x0w.jpg (71KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
2016-ford-gt-11_800x0w.jpg
71KB, 800x533px
Interior. Thoughts?

Again, race car, like a McLaren, but not as kit-car looking.
>>
>>15812474
Is that the final version? Looks plain, but purposeful.
>>
File: 1473780221105.jpg (111KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1473780221105.jpg
111KB, 800x533px
>>15812474
Are you supposed to always have a co driver? Those console buttons are way too deep in and far on the right.

Also what is the purpose of this thing?
>>
>>15812743
Weight reduction bro
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.