[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Can i do this by myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I have absolutely no experience with engines. If i buy the service manual for my car is it feasable that i could replace the piston rings by myself?
>>
>>15809496
No experience? I wouldn't.
>>
Watch a full long ass youtube vids about it then find an experienced friend that can help if needed.

Suck his cock and promise not to tell anyone.
>>
>>15809509
Is there danger of me making things worse/breaking something else
>>
I have faith in you anon, just do it
DO IT
>>
>>15809496
Watch a YouTube to see what is involved
>>
If you really educate yourself (everything barely related you can find on YouTube, plus shop manual) and have access to the tools needed, then probably.
>>
>>15809496
no
>>
>>15809496
you'll probably have to bore out the cylinders also if you're replacing the rings due to oldness

are you prepared to essentially do a lower end rebuild yourself?
>>
>did a rebuild on a Jeep WJ 4.7 after watching youtube videos and calling my dad a few times

Go for it.
>>
Working on cars is really easy. I never fixed anything myself, but after watching a few YouTube videos, I changed my own oil and spark plugs.
You'll be fine.
>>
>>15809496
It's doable, just do your research, watch some Youtube.
Take it slow, take lots of photo's in case you can't remember how it goes back together, and keep your parts organised.
you'll need a few tools, honing tool, and piston ring compressor.
>>
I have little to no previous experience with cars, took me 3 months to pull a GM 3800, rebuild it, and put it back in. Went with nothing but internet videos and forum posts. The engine has 20k on it now so I must have did something right
>>
Depends.
What car?

I know on a Subaru, you can get the pistons off without opening the bottom end because access ports for the wrist pins.
But I don't think anyone else does this?
>>
>>15809526
Definitely
>>
>>15809496
If you can do pic related by yourself? No you need another mans genitals to fondle. Why would you think you can do it yourself if the picture clearly shows 2 MEN!?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.