[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLAND ECONOMICAL SEDAN BONANZA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

I need a newish, big 4 door car, preferably with leather seats which get's around 30mpg combined, meaning probably a hybrid. I can go new or used but I'm going to be pouring on miles for the next 3 years so nothing high mileage. I'm trying to stay under $23,000.

I'm looking at an Accord, Avalon and Fusion hybrids right now. What's /o/'s advice?
>>
Any of the 2.5l engines will push 30mpg combined.

I'd go with a Fusion 2.5l just because they'll be cheapest
>>
File: cp4965356442709593546.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cp4965356442709593546.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>15805987
>$23000
this looks salaryman enough, no?
>>
>>15805998
I thought about getting a 2.5l Fusion with the lux package but dicked around with a 2.5 for two days and couldn't get the average MPG on it to push past 25. They're dumping the 16' hybrid models at pretty much the same price as the gas models in my area at the moment so I'm leaning more towards hybrids all around. I average about 160 miles daily and my area is full of hills and stop and go shit so adds up fast.
>>
>>15805987
why do you need one of these hunks of shit?
>>
The Avalon is a full-size. It's a Lexus ES350 with Toyota badges. The Fusion and Accord are mid-sizers. Just get a Camry Hybrid and call it a day.
>>
>>15807694
Es350 is a camry. Avalon is different.
>>
Definitely Mazda6
>>
>>15807701
No, he was right. An Avalon is great value precisely because it is a lexus.
>>
>>15807694
Current generation ES switched to the Avalon platform
>>
Mazda6 easily
Ford fusion if you can someone reason out of the 6

I don't think you can get any hybrid new that isn't a Prius for 23K, btw
>>
>>15807694
The Avalon is a lot nicer than the Camry and still within my price range. The new Camry is ugly ugly and lackluster enough to motivate my to spend the extra 6 grand to move up to the Avalon.
>>
File: 2015-BMW-320-ATD-f.jpg (97KB, 598x436px) Image search: [Google]
2015-BMW-320-ATD-f.jpg
97KB, 598x436px
>>15805987
Certified used BMW 320i?
>>
File: frog girl.png (44KB, 159x162px) Image search: [Google]
frog girl.png
44KB, 159x162px
>>15811346
Looked into a 320i and diesel E-Class actually, but after owning a Mercedes and having a 5 series and XF in the family, I don't really want the headache of having to maintain another Euro lux car, especially one I'll be beating to shit for work. Despite them being more reliable than memes let on they're still not as rugged as a practical cheap I4 or hybrid econosedan. I'm probably going to be putting at least 100,000 miles on this car within 4 years so that's going to eat up the warranty pretty quickly. I'm really not looking for a fun and/or luxury car atm. I'm buying this car for work and set by budget cap at $23,000 so after 3-4 years I'll have enough money saved up to buy either a used C63 AMG or a Camaro SS as a fun car.
>>
>>15809489
Looking at 13 avalon hybrids and they're going for 18-20k

Seems like the best answer to me
>>
>>15811846
hybrid is a meme. it only makes a difference in a city. highway mpg is pretty much unchanged. just get a normal avalon. And since you're obviously not an enthusiast, never post here again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.