[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Americans, please fucking EXPLAIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

No hate, but WHAT THE FUCK.

Is it true you have sim cards in your car? Why the fuck does your car's transmission, steering and braking need to be connected to the internet?

What rational reason is there for this and who the fuck thought it would be a good idea?

https://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

I don't mean to fearmonger, but the only safe system is one NOT connected to the internet, as has been proven time and time again.

So who the fuck thought connecting your cars to the internet was a good idea?

Was it the government mandating this, or just carmaker stupidity? Please share some background.
>>
>>15803380
>hurr durr it's only americans
think again nigger
>>
>>15803380
Europoors are doing the same thing. Its just carmaker stupidity combined with consumer stupidity. The point of the simcard is so that you can make your car a wifi hotspot, but you can do that anyway with your phone, and its cheaper.
>>
MUH TEKNOLOGY
MUH CONVEENYENCE
>>
>>15803476
yea OP is USA-baiting retards that will valiantly defend anything said against their country

pretty low effort, but im sure itll turn into a shitstorm
>>
>>15803476
>>15803525
>>15803666
no, i'm not. genuinely sorry, i had no idea EU was doing this bullshit too.

We have nothing like it here in australia.

Is it mandatory?
>>
>>15805010
Short version is infotainment has the SIM card. Manufacturers are retarded and put everything into a single CANBUS instead of keeping the interner-connected part separate from the rest of the car
>>
>>15805010

>We have nothing like it here in australia.

...yeah we do.

My Audi has it, my Hilux has it, a lot of new cars have it.
>>
>>15803380
A sim card doesn't connect to the internet tard
>>
>>15803380
What's up with all the "do Americans really do this" threads popping up?
Did we offend another European power or something over the weekend?
>>
>>15803525
>The point of the simcard is so that you can make your car a wifi hotspot
Why would you want that?

Seriously. Why do they think it's a good idea? Unless you have kids and unlimited bandwidth on the SIM and they NEED to be online EVERY FUCKING SECOND OF THE TRIP, it's not worth having it.

Especially because it's going to track you to within a few feet due to the cell system.
>>
>>15806928
I would do It if I had the money
then you can have your friends play a mixtape off youtube, sondcloud, Spotify. or connect a ps4 and play online while someones driving
>>
>>15806859

Given the US's reputation for dong pants on head retarded shit it can sometimes be genuinely difficult to discern fact from fiction.
>>
>>15806928
Dude I don't know, but it's what the average normie wants in a car.
>>
>HOW COULD YOU OWN A CAR WITH A SIMCARD

>everyone always has a cell phone on them while drivng
>>
>>15806961
Every population does pants on head retarded things. We're just important enough to be seen the most.
No but seriously, are all non Americans this naive?
>>
>>15807235
A cellphone won't disable a vehicle you retarded faggot.
>>
>>15806937
Why would you want to do that?
>>
>>15806937
>Streaming music

You could play your music anywhere anytime regardless of internet connection if you actually had it stored on a device, and it would provide superior audio quality.
>>
>>15808132
>superior audio quality
Spotify streams in 320kbps, which is more than enough for system. I hope you aren't one of those FLAC retards
>>
>>15808258
Yes I am, and there is a small difference if you're listening on several hundred dollar headphones with an amplifier but I'll admit unless you're autistic about it 320kbps is fine. But there certainly is a noticeable difference in 320kbps streamed from Spotify and 320kbps music stored on my phone, streaming audio/video and using cloud storage is fucking stupid.
>>
>>15805190
>Radio connected to the can
For what?
>>
>>15805010
really? did you honestly believe for a minute that having a wifi hotspot in your car is mandatory in the us and europe? are you fucking retarded
>>
>>15806928
people said the same thing about having internet on phones
>>
>>15806961
it should really never be difficult to discern fact from fiction if you are literally sitting in front of a computer connected to the internet and are capable of using google
>>
>>15805010
>We have nothing like it here in australia.
That's because Australia is still 30 years behind the rest of the world.

>Is it mandatory?
Thank you for proving once again that we are the least intelligent country on the planet... one of the reasons why I want to leave Australia for Europe.
>>
>>15808375
>But there certainly is a noticeable difference in 320kbps streamed from Spotify and 320kbps music stored on my phone

What difference is there?
>>
File: 147141368082.png (429KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
147141368082.png
429KB, 451x619px
I don't know if my Ford or my Jeep has a chip, how do I check it?
>>
>>15810713
Just like how streamed video has a less clear picture than downloaded video, streamed audio also has less clarity.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.