[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

broke race machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 172749_p_t_640x480_image04.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
172749_p_t_640x480_image04.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
Alright guys my 1995 Toyota camry is giving me hell. the other day it started to run rough and lose power when I applied the pedal. I was able to get it started (barely) and get just a little ways down the road before it would die again. When I go to start it now it will do one of three things

-not start
-start and run very rough below 500 rpm for just a few seconds and die
-start normally, begin to idle and almost instantly start to lose power
ALso applying any sort of throttle will kill the engine quickly. That said, it will also not start with throttle applied at all. Things I've checked/replaced

-fuel pump
-fuel filter
-mass airflow sensor
-cleaned throttle body

NO matter what, it still does the same shit, so I'm guessing electronic. Anybody have any idea? Also computer won't let me upload my car so have this cabinet
>>
>>15802657
Vacuum leaks? Especially between the airflow sensor and throttle. Often they are connected by a big hose that cracks overtime. Or try tightening the clamps a slight bit more.
>>
>>15802657
dizzy cap and or rotor, also check the throttle position sensor.
>>
>>15802671
COuld that affect idle though? Or I don't see how that could explain the issue with applying throttle killing the car
>>
ALso fun fact: EGR valve is disconnected due to being non functional, the vacuum line is sealed off tho and the engine code reads 22 for "engine coolant temperature circuit"
>>
>>15802720
replace the cylinder head temperature sensor. It could cause all the problems you listed.
>>
>>15802740
This, it probably thinks it's like -30 degrees out and so the computer is dumping fuel
>>
>>15802657
What am I looking at in this picture?
>>
>>15802798
maybe something to hold pet food and water bowls?
that's all I can think of for the OP pic
>>
>>15802798
Cupholders brah
>>
>>15802740
>>15802753
Just did. No change
>>
>>15803180
reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 15min, the try again for fault codes
>>
>>15802657
Perhaps it's a cam sensor or crank sensor gone bad. It'll fuck up your tac and your timing and stuff, that's what happened to me awhile ago
>>
I'd be looking at the Throttle Position Sensor and the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. Check the signal line going to the MAP for perishing, and clean the resistive contact track with electrical solvent clean and lube in the TPS.

http://www.troublecodes.net/toyota/

Follow the instructions above to bridge the TE1 terminal to ground. This will display any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) for you by flashing the Check Engine Light in codes.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.