[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you really like to talk about cars The only car guy in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (78KB, 785x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 785x528px
>tfw you really like to talk about cars
The only car guy in the family is my uncle who lives far away

>tfw you really want a project car
You can't because you live with your parents who don't have a garage and you can't even use the driveway to work

>tfw even if you had a place to work you couldn't afford a project even though you work a full time job

>tfw you don't want to do more than an oil change on your DD because if you mess something up you won't be able to get to work because you live in the middle of nowhere

What do I do /o/?
Watching car videos and looking at cars online makes me hurt more. I was able to cope by playing racing vidya but even that doesn't work anymore
>>
>>15802028
Go out and find some car friends. Finish school and get a decent job to buy a nice-is townhouse with a garage. Have a dependable daily and a fun car, this lets you have the fun car be in the garage undriveable for days weeks or months at a time depending on how insane you are.
>>
Cars are an expensive hobby. Likewise having tools, a garage, a DD and other conveniences to facilitate this hobby are also costly endeavours. I've never understood how people in their early twenties and under tote around with cars that they have supposedly worked on based on only the sum of their own resources. My guess is people like that have parents with lots of money. The rest of us have to get financially established before we start actualizing our hobby. My suggestion is to start by moving the fuck out to a place that will accommodate your hobby. Next up is to get yourself an inexpensive DD. The rest is just tool and part accumulation.

tldr u need money
>>
>>15802036
I'm 20
I've been done with school for 2 years, I couldn't afford college.

I'm working a utility company and while theres room for progression it will another 6-10 before I'm making a decent wage.

I make $11.25/hour, help with bills and save what I can but still barely have any money

I've looked at trying to live on my own and even with the cost of living being cheap where I am it would cost more than I make each month
>>
>>15802071
Wait, you finished highschool but that's it? No technical school or non-meme 4 year degree? And you're not working in an oil field or whatever high-risk high-pay job there will be for somebody with no secondary education? Are you at least an apprentice or something, just without the technical school part? Because I'm making 10 an hour pushing carts back into a store.
>>
>>15802103
No that's it.
Specifically I work in water distribution. Once I'm there long enough I can get certified which comes with a pay raise and I'll likely get a few promotions but until the old guys retire I'm just a laborer.

It's hard, wet, dirty work but it's the best I can do right now. I took auto shop in highschool and went and got a few ASE certificates but there's no real work around here. Just Bubba's garage where I'd be making $8/hr for forever
>>
>>15802053
I built my old camaro when i was 16
Was a '97 and most of the parts were bought from junkyards or forums. I paid for everything myself.
>>
>>15802145
Take night classes to get your cert faster or take them for a different career if you hate it. The longer you stall the longer it's gonna suck.
>>
>>15802053
Depends on what you work on.
I've so far fixed up 5 vehicles and I'm only 22. Once I sell a few, I'll be reinvesting into a nice project.
I also have a complete engine swap in the works, but haven't touched it in half a year
>>
>>15802071
Join the military op. Air force if you don't want to do shit. Get paid while they give you housing and food and save. See the world, meet a bunch of nerds/car geeks and then go from there.
>>
>>15802028
get a job and friends ?
>>
>>15802053
at most ive spent a grand on tools. sure i dont have everything but its not as expensive as you make it sound. I drive my project everyday. Yes its a very difficult task to have it fixed before i need to use it. But public transport does exist. I spent around $900 on my car and have spent over 4K in about 2 years. The project has now finally been finished off with a week long respray.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.