[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

creaking noise driving me crazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160910-141300.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160910-141300.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Hey /o/ Im pretty clueless about a noise on my g35, it happens when I go over any bump or a pothole its a creaking noise as if you were opening a door that the hitches need lubrication or the old floor of a house, my guess is suspension related. I jacked up the car lubricated the bushings on the sway bar anf checked all others, nothings loose under the car I pulled everything. Any idea? What could it be in the suspension? I checked on google and youtube and everything leads to bushings and balljoints, I just lubricated the bushings I didnt take them off only the sway bar bushing but anyways any hep?
>>
My guess is suspension as well but lol look at your pipes and shit too. Sometimes the little bands that secure them snap off if you dog your car too much on speedbumps and shit thouhj that tends to cause more of a rattle than creak.
>>
>>15796990
Thing is I dont know what to look in the suspension and taking it off is a PITA since my car is lowered, yeah I was praying itd be something stuck under, Ive heard some thing comes loose in the spring sometimes and it is an easy fix I forgot what it is called but yeah I checked eveeythinf nothing stuck underneath and it be a rattle noise yeah mine is really a creaking noise
>>
>>15796949
Alternatively, there are also thin rubber pads that sit between the lower end of the spring and the spring perch. If these wear or move out of place to where there is metal on metal contact, the result will be the noises you're hearing. This creaking is caused by force being put on the spring as the suspension briefly compresses. During that load, the spring could ever so slightly pivot on its perch, making a metal on metal creak noise.

Which area of the car is this noise originating from? Front, back/ driver, passenger.
>>
>>15796949
bottom control arm bushing, or suspension top mount.
>>
>>15797052
>>15797117

When I dropped my car after lifting it up the noise was very noticeable on the rear passanger side, however I went slow over a bump and the front does it too but it is more quiet than the rear, thats why Im confused how could all the 4 springs go bad at the same time? I checked the control arms everything was good
>>
Took a video of said noise you can hear it every time I go over a bump on the road

https://vid.me/oK6c
>>
>>15796949
>it happens when I go over any bump or a pothole its a creaking noise

In my older car, it was a clear sounding creaking noise despite the windows being closed. If it was wholly from the outside, the creaking would be more muffled. I applied lubricant to the door hinges and the creaking noise went away.

I didn't use a lot of lubricant. Just applied it accurately and moved the doors back and forth a little immediately after applying to make sure it spread across surfaces horizontally since it had a tendency to flow downwards if I waited too long.

Don't apply a lot or it will gather and hold gritty dirt.
>>
>>15798105

Not the doors, windows closed there is no noise, definetly from underneath did a little bit more research and its either the sway bar end links or something with thr strut, gonna try to lube it some more if not gonna replace the end links
>>
>>15796949
Your noise makes me wonder if those services for "Lube, Oil, and Filter" actually do any lubrication under the car. Nowadays, I only see "Oil and Filter" and the word lubrication has disappeared. Is lubrication still a necessary thing? In OP's case it seems that way for his bushings.
>>
>>15801403

Nah lubrication's not needed, most bushings come with life guaranteed lube, but its not the first time I hear about nissan bushings needing lube they cheaped on the production
>>
if your car is double wishbone up front that means you have 4 ball joints that could be creaking.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.