[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The worst paint ever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /o/tists,

What do I do about this unholy wretched abortion of a paint job? Inspection of the interior a-pillar reveals the truck was once ford chocolatey brown.

What I don't know is how the fuck someone managed to paint this whole truck like the surface of the moon.

What happened here?

There's no body rust, can I just sand and then top coat?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>max images per post: 1

thanks shlomo
>>
>>15796723
thats a lot of sanding
see how far down you can sand until the spots disappear
>>
What the shit?

Um....I guess sanding...but try 60 grid to metal, sand-able primer, and work your way back up to 400 grit....that looks like a giant hot mess.
>>
just plastidip it bro
>>
I'm skilled with an electric or air orbital sander, not for paint though.

It's a small truck but I really don't want to put in the elbow grease.
>>
>>15796723
oh look a high quality maaco paint job!

you can tell by the cigarette ash dried into the top layer of paint
>>
Rust bubbles? I'd get one of those paint remover things on a power drill and go to town.
>>
>>15796723
>What do I do about this unholy wretched abortion of a paint job?

When paint bubbles up, that means corrosion occurred under the paint. If you have porous cheap paint, then moisture gets underneath the paint and is trapped there and rust occurs. You have to sand it down and prime then paint.

But mainly figure out why the interior external facing of the A-pillar is rusting out. Water leaking edgewise? Or is there not enough ventilation because some different door seal was applied? As you have seen with other vehicles, they should dry themselves off and not stay wet for days at a time.

You can poke several of the bubbles and scratch off the bubbled up paint to see what the corrosion looks like. If there is any whitish powder like dried salt, then you'll probably want to check other parts of the car (like trunk lid area and rear fenders) for excessive salt corrosion.
>>
>>15796790
>>15797750
That isn't rust, it's solvent pop and contamination, looks like someone rattle canned the car without even cleaning it.

Use aircraft paint remover OP, wear gloves and a respirator and brush it on, wait a few minutes and scrape it off with a paint scraper and wire brush
>>
>>15796723
and i thought the paint on my subaru was bad. Im not going to post it because it will trigger the subarufaggots on this board
>>
>>15796730
OP this really looks like someone did it with a paint roller. New paint rollers tend to leave behind their fibres for the first few hours of painting, and the incredibly uneven texture matches what you get out of a roller.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.