[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need an official estimate Pretty much the whole front bumper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: chipd.png (74KB, 214x252px) Image search: [Google]
chipd.png
74KB, 214x252px
Need an official estimate

Pretty much the whole front bumper is chipped and looks like shit, needs to be /repainted/remounted/touched up etc... how much would just a front bumper start off at"?? Not a rattle paint kind of guy so i want it done well
>>
What kind of car is it?

In a lot of cases it can be more economical to get a whole used bumper
>>
>>15796225
its gotta be repainted at least. If that shadow is what I think it is and its not dirt then that dent has to be popped out as well

a few hundred dollars at most. Try to make sure your repair guy is using genuine paint that actually matches your coat, shade and shit.
>>
File: PICT0579.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PICT0579.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>15796235
Its a fucking saleen bumper for my slow stang. I don't want to get another bumper this time. It used to look like this. I don't have the photos how it currently looks like but will probably post those tomorrow
>>
>>15796225
A new bumper is probably $2-300. A decent bodyshop will charge you around $800 to replace and paint it.
>>
Swap in ecoboost instead
>>
>>15796262
Is that the kind of plastic bumper that can be "popped" back out? But yeah its new bumper and paint time or you get to play with a hammer and bondo and paint
>>
>>15796280
I might slap a vortech soon, for now im more worried about the horrible body damage on the front bumper, i have been reduced to driving the car with a pretty bad front bumper
>>
>>15796262
>Its a fucking saleen bumper
Ah, probably twice as much for the bumper then.

Some bodyshops won't touch it if it's bad, they usually prefer to start with new parts.
>>
File: IMAG0254.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0254.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
>>15796262
>Update
Looked good before, but now looks like shit with that front bumper
>>
>>15796331
Just DIY that shit.
>>
File: IMAG0251.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0251.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
>>15796331
had plans to turbo the car and drop more work on it, but i'm kind of not a car guy anymore. drive it around looking like this these days\

:) money isn't an issue, and im prepared to spend up to 1500 to fix all of this
>>
File: IMAG0253 (Large).jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0253 (Large).jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
>>15796331
>>15796341
>>
>>15796351
>>15796341
>>15796331
Dude that is literally just cleaning, sanding, adhesion promoter, priming, painting, and clearcoating. That's a night of work in your garage.
>>
>>15796356
No, no it isn't i am done with working on my cars

I'm done with that shit, we were going to drop a turbo in it and get the engine beefed up to a 5.4. All of our plans went to shit, i dont work on my car anymore, not interested i just want to pay someone and handle this for me. I also need a new headlight. and bumper mounts, this bumper is falling apart

Anyone in colorado know a place??? I have two places I'm looking at now, but don't want the price to go over a grand desu
>>
>>15796364

>No, no it isn't i am done with working on my cars

Ok then let yourself get raped at the bodyshop then. I dont care.

>we were going to drop a turbo in it and get the engine beefed up to a 5.4

Thats autistic. I dont know why someone would willingly replace a 4.6 with a 5.4.... its just not something people do.

God your autstic. I replaced an entire Explorer front end coming into it with ZERO knowledge. Same for my ranger...

A LITTLE HARD WORK WONT KILL YOU.
>>
>>15796364
Yeah it isn't always fun but the end result is worth it.
>>
>>15796364
what changed? knock up a bitch like a dumbass?
>>
>>15796364
>i am done with working on my cars
>I'm done with that shit
>i dont work on my car anymore
Then go to several body shops and get estimates. Also be prepared to not have a car for a few weeks.
>>
>>15796225
This doesn't look like the same car as the other images.
>>
File: PICT0541.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PICT0541.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>15796383
yea, at the time we thought we just can't find a good 4.6 dohc motor somewhere, to find a built one it will be thousands, you can get a 5.4 from the junk yard for a good price and end up building it up from there.

>>15796446
Na, man. I guess work sort of took over and I know live in a different state, can't follow that build since the crew i used to hang out with aren't here. Things change when you move etc..

All I have know if the memories of being in a car club :)

>>15796467
Why would i not have the car for weeks? This is like a two day job
>>
>>15796341
Did you notice both your fenders are slightly damaged too? I think you should at least fix the headlight yourself. The bumper cover can probably be saved but something underneath needs fixed. Drop the bumper cover off at a paint place to be fixed while you have a mechanic fix the actual bumper then pick up the cover and put it back on yourself. Should be comfortably under $1000 to do it that way.
>>
>>15796500
Haven't noticed any fender damage, where do you see that??
>>
>>15796492
>This is like a two day job
Body shops don't work that way.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 500x492px
>>15796492
>a two day job
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.