[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transmission

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (499KB, 245x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
499KB, 245x240px
How can I learn to drive manual? It sounds like it might be more fufilling than automatic. More to do. More skill needed. I've driven automatic all my life and may be getting a manual car. Ford Fiesta to be specific. Either manual or auto. But I feel like I should give manual a shot since all I've ever had in my life is automatic.

Note my uncle has a manual transmission Toyota that I could practice with if I ask nicely
>>
>>15757783
Manual's piss easy to learn, you should be able to get the hang of it in like 10 minutes.

Especially if your uncle has a manual car you can practice on, just go to an empty parking lot and try to take off without stalling until you git gud.
>>
>>15757797
What's stalling? Does it hurt the car? What exactly do I even do? Do I just keep practicing?
>>
>>15757797
For most people unfamiliar with how clutches work it make take a little longer than 10mins

Regardless OP we can't tell if you'll enjoy it or not but, 80% of learning manual is clutch control, if you can get the car moving, with out bunny hopping or burning the clutch too badly, then you've pretty much learned.
>>
>>15757812
There's a ton of Youtube videos that go into detail about this, but taking off in a manual car basically goes like this:

>press clutch pedal all the way in
>put shifter in first
>slowly lift clutch pedal up until you can feel the car start moving slightly
>give it a little more gas
>slowly let clutch pedal the rest of the way out
>>
just learned manual a couple of months ago. bought a 1k dollar car to practice on. learned in like a week or so.
>>
>>15757812
Watch a few youtube videos on how to use the clutch.

Stalling is where the engine isn't given enough gas to overcome the car weight, and falls below the revs needed to stay on.

Yes its bad but you'll stall a few times regardless before getting the hang of it.
>>
Thanks guys I will look at YouTube and then try to drive manual myself if I ask him nicely.

On a side note anyone on /o/ have an automatic transmission Ford Fiesta? How is it? Does it give you issues?
>>
>>15758239
Don't go with the automatic. You're getting a slow car anyway, might as well enjoy driving it with its nice notchy manual.
>>
>>15758253
I ask because I researched and read a lot of transmission complaints for automatic
>>
>>15758280
Yeah that's another thing with autos, when they get old they die. Treat a manual right and it will essentially last forever.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.