[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help connecting Fuel Injectors back in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: fuel rail.png (46KB, 337x479px) Image search: [Google]
fuel rail.png
46KB, 337x479px
2011 Fiesta SE, misfiring cyl #4, switched fuel injector #4 with #1, but now I cannot get the metal Clip on to connect the Injector to the Fuel Rail. It presses up against an O Ring, I press SUPER FUCKING hard, and it still doesn't give me enough space to get the Metal Clip all the way back on.

~Thanks /o/ for any inputs.
>>
>>15757504
There should be two little notches on the actual injector that you need to line the metal lips up with.
>>
Be aware that you can also push them too far in to get the clip back on too.
>>
pull it out and look at it again and make sure you are doing it the right way. also you are supposed to replace those orings anytime its dissassembled. be very careful not to rip them and make sure they seat proper or else youre going to leak fuel onto your engine
>>
>>15757504
Put a bit of grease/wd40 on the o-ring and make sure it doesn't get stuck
>>
>>15757504

grease is your friend
>>
>>15757603
>>15757605
Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) is the preferred lube for this.

And just verify the prints are seated correctly like other anon said, its easy to mess them up.
>>
THANK ALL of you people. I got them back on. Somehow the O Rings stayed inside the ports on the fuel rail itself. So with a micro screwdriver I popped them off, and onto the Fuel Injectors. I don't know how they stuck inside in the rail when I pulled the injectors out.

I figured something was wrong with how much I was fighting it. I busted only one knuckle lol. I was about to use a C-Clamp to get them on.

Thanks again guys. You are the fastest, most accurate and knowledgeable online automotive group.

Hopefully I can see if the Misfire occurs again, it doesn't ALWAYS happen, just sometimes, if the car is warmed up. Issue started happening after I replaced the spark plugs and wires. I varified the plugs are wires were fine. Hopefully they just needed a cleaning. And if a code appears for Cylinder #1, then that narrows it down to the injector I believe.
>>
>>15757801
You're welcome

t. guy who just clicked on the thread
>>
>>15757801
All this trouble over a 2011 ford... Jesus christ ford get your shit together.
>>
>>15757504
lol, probably just a bad coil.
>>
>>15757983
I checked it last week, the two coils each had 9.9 and 10.1 ohms, then I got reading of ~1.1 on the control plugs, video I was watching of a dude checking a Civic's coil pack fluctuated more, and was fine.

The car runs and drives fine, but when it's warm, it will shake and misfire for about 3 seconds and then idle fine, and throw a CEL.

It has had cooling problems in the past, replaced reservoir cap, reservoir, and water pump.

This car has spent nearly a month at the dealership for transmission work.

Ford also can't figure out how to make door handles, those were a Recall as well.

I wanted to buy 'Murican and this is what I got for doing so.

Resale value is roughly 1/2 of what I paid for it. Chevy Sonics depreciated just as much. I should have bought a fucking Kia Rio, they're worth more cause they're made better.
>>
>>15758110
That's not how ford coils go out. They fail under load not with a low voltage low impedance ohm meter. If you get misfires that are intermittent that seem to occur when you're applying partial load on the engine like the freeway specifically it's usually a failed coil. There's an entire bulletin from Ford on testing their coils and a traditional ohm meter is inadequate.
>>
>>15758153
oh thanks I will keep it in mind. I feel like all the gas money I save with this car, just goes into buying parts for it to keep the check engine lights off.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.