[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Self driving cars will become mainstream in the foreseeable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 224x225px
>Self driving cars will become mainstream in the foreseeable future
>Eventually they will get better at driving than humans
>Normal cars could be banned due to safety
>>
No, dude, bo. Planes are super automated and still require a pilot in case shit goes wrong. SD (self driving) cars use LIDAR to see. That doesn't work in heavy snow. The cameras they use to interpret lines on the road don't work in bad weather either. Location software even with cell, wifi, and GPS for triangulation guesses within a 20ft radius at best.

They will become a taxi service in cities, but never more than that unless we go full AI and have something truly on the level if a human instead of crude AI and sensors.
>>
>>15750950

It might happen in some communist shithole like California or Europe but not where I live. Way too much wilderness that the gubmint would never be able to control.

If planes and trains can't even drive themselves with the powerful and reliable computers they got, That means your Civic is a long ways from being fully autonomous.
>>
>>15750950
I for one look forward to being part of the elite group of gasoline shitbox owners fucking with automated cop cars
>>
>>15750950
My car wasn't even safe being parked on the side of the road in a quiet neighborhood.Yeah, bring the self driving cars. People are fucking piece of shit apes.
>>
>>15750989
All these well established industries lag behind consumer tech. The auto industry is waking up and sees that. They're buying up startups to catch up.
>>
>>15751045
The point is that it was much easier for planes and trains to get computer-controlled movement because air traffic control vectors planes and trains are literally all computer controlled.

But because of liability someone has to be able to take full manual control of the vehicle.

People are fucking retards about the future. It's going to look mostly like it does now.
>>
File: 1324662513979.jpg (31KB, 425x340px) Image search: [Google]
1324662513979.jpg
31KB, 425x340px
>>15750994
I've been saying this for years.
>>
>>15750978
>Location software even with cell, wifi, and GPS for triangulation guesses within a 20ft radius at best.

No. The passenger carrying self-driving cars will have no steering wheel or brakes that the passenger can use. Maps are updated by these cars driving on routes and noticing obstacles since the cars will also carry mapping and obstacle-sensing hardware. This is important to keep costs down since constantly buying maps from the world's current major electronic data map supplier in germany will get to be unnecessarily expensive.
>>
>>15750978
Incorrect, Google is already in the world with manufacturing vehicles that take the Human out ENTIRELY from the experience

Can't wait to be in a mindless, slavewage, Dystopia with you all.
>>
>>15753030
Yeah, and these vehicles will never be more than city taxis, like I said. They don't work in the real world outside of utopia where the sky is clear and the roads are nice.
>>15752961
LIDAR is the obstacle-sensing system numbnuts. Put one of these cars on a lightly snowy street and it won't work period.
>>
>>15750950
I'll still be driving my old camaro when we have flying cars. I don't plan on giving her up that easily.
>>
>yfw there's no constitutional right to own a car and is not protected in any way
>>
>>15750950
>Self driving cars will become mainstream in the foreseeable future
they wont. you're posting on 4chan and you can't spot an obvious meme?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.