[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would make a better shitbox,any crown vic ever or a 9th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1471837962950.png (668KB, 594x592px) Image search: [Google]
1471837962950.png
668KB, 594x592px
what would make a better shitbox,any crown vic ever or a 9th gen impala?
i've got reasons to like both just about equally but i'm looking for some input becuase i'm dumb
>>
>>15750499
>automatic American sedans
>not buying a manual Japanese car like the rest of us
It's time to grow up anon
>>
>>15750562
i can get either of them for a lot cheaper than a manual civic that isn't beat to shit
>>
>>15750721
Crown Vics are supposed to be reliable, I know older Gen impalas are less so. Don't know too much about American cars sorry.

>I drive a manual Japanese shitbox
>>
>>15750821
i know crown vics are supposed to be somewhat reliable but my main concern is maintenance costs,a 4.8l v8 seems expensive to work on yet they've been using it since ever so i'm pretty confused
>>
Lots of Impala's out there.

Lot of awful previous owners... but then again an old cop car would have had a pretty rough life too. I work at a police dept in dispatch and they seem to service the Impala's constantly. Always overheating. The chargers get a fair amount of servicing but not anywhere near the impalas which are a bit older.
>>
File: 1466834174840.jpg (125KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1466834174840.jpg
125KB, 1224x1445px
>>15750721
The post.
>>
>>15751096
well,it's true
i also want something with a bit of power in it

>>15751037
thanks,seems like impalas are not nearly as reliable as crown vics
>>
File: volvo-v70-2001-2004.jpg (42KB, 520x360px) Image search: [Google]
volvo-v70-2001-2004.jpg
42KB, 520x360px
>>15750562
>Japanese
>Car
Pick one
>>
>>15750961
American cars have the cheapest labor rates (in burgerland obviously)
>>
File: unshethsfedora.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
unshethsfedora.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
>>15750499
That picture is making me reconsider my recent order of a WAT sticker.
>>
>>15751321
Enjoy driving a literal fedora.
>>
id go with a crown victoria
better aftermarket and with some simple mods you can look like a cop (which is both good and bad)
bigger and better engine without too much of a difference in fuel economy
comfier
>>
Hey OP. Hoping you're still here or at least checking in.

If you want the Crown Vic reliability, but don't want the risk of getting A) a beat-to-shit cop car, B) a beat-to-shit taxi, C) a beat-to-shit rental, or D) any combination of the above:

Consider a Mercury Grand Marquis. It's literally the same car as the Crown Vic, with less of a chance of it going to some dork who beat on it because muh cop car. A lot of them are grandpa cars, and if you're patient you can find one that isn't too horribly old for not too much. I'm currently on the hunt for one myself, and I'm hoping I just came across a good one (once VINbro gets back and checks it). Lincoln Town Cars are nice too, but I've not come across one that's worth the money in my area--either beat to shit and less than 1k, or 5-6k because "it's a luxury car and that's what they go for, sonny."

Hope this helps somewhat.
>>
>>15753124
To add to that:

When I say, "the same car," I mean, literally, it's a Crown Vic with a Mercury badge and grille. I'm pretty sure that the panels all interchange, but I'm not 100% on that (quick google could help you there). But swapping P71 powertrain parts, cruiser suspension for better cornering; hell, if you find a wrecked Crown Vic with some nice leather seats you might want to swap--it all works. I'm sure someone here is going to come in to say that this is the most retarded idea ever.
>>
File: 1280px-Mercury_Marauder.jpg (142KB, 1280x676px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Mercury_Marauder.jpg
142KB, 1280x676px
probably wouldnt be hard to make a grand marqui or crown vic look like one of these.
>>
>>15753150
In all honesty, why bother though? They're really not that bad looking. Not awesome, but not ugly.
>>
>>15753150
IMO Grand Marquis look way better than Marauders, at least the years where the headlights go all the way to the trapezoid grille. It's just not a good car to black out like that, and those Marauder wheels are atrocious.
>>
>>15753224
You're thinking of the later models, right? 2003-2011 iirc. Those are the nicer ones to get, because it's the last iteration of the Vic line.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.