[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ have to say about Aston Martins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Aston_Martin-DB11-2017-1280-07.jpg (233KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Aston_Martin-DB11-2017-1280-07.jpg
233KB, 1280x960px
What does /o/ have to say about Aston Martins?
>>
That's a Ford Fusion
>>
Face looks fantastic but they really fucked up the rear in my opinion. ruins the whole car for me.
>>
Kind of an irrelevant brand.

They make attractive cars but I'm not sure who they are for. I can't imagine ever having $100,000+ and thinking yeah I want an aston martin.
>>
>>15744495
Looks like a Miata. Is there still a Ford underneath?
>>
>>15744567
I don't think they're irrelevant at all. The AM customer is just very different from a Ferrari or Lamborghini owner. Not as concerned about insane speed or track times, more concerned with luxury and comfort.

While owning a Ferrari or Porsche may get you disparaging remarks about your dick size, AMs are pretty much universally loved by both enthusiasts and the public at large. I will buy an Aston before any other supercar because I like their business model, design language and NA V12s (which they're largely phasing out of their new models, a shame).
>>
>>15744649
Agreed. Most AMs are bought out of love and not for "status symbol" but it is at that price tag. But you do feel pretty special inside an AM than just fast Ferrari or Lambo or Porsche.
>>
They all look the same and are British built memes

>b-but james bond
Grow up.
>>
>>15744702
Same goes for Jag
>>
they're cool but they wont be able to top their iconic db9 design for a while. also the new rapide is straight out of a horror movie what the fuck
>>15744707
pajeet owned jag is actually not any worse than your average german premium brand
>>
>>15744702
Low quality bait. You'd be a convert if you had even seen one in person, there's nothing like them on the road. Once you're able to drop $320k on a vanquish you'll realize that lap times and 0-60 doesn't matter, it's about how the car makes you feel. Supercar purchases aren't logical, they're emotional. I'm really speaking to all of /o/ here as I think that fact is lost on the legion of lap time bench racers.
>>
>>15744725
People have dropped that much money on the church of Scientology, it's still stupid.
>>
>>15744741
buying a gran tourer if you can afford it is not stupid though
>>
>>15744752
buying a gran tourer and not getting a Porsche is being stupid.
>>
>>15744785
why not both?
>>
theyre boring British cars
>>
>>15744725
>I think that fact is lost on the legion of lap time bench racers.
/o/ is literally lost in that. Everything now is GTR vs Corvette shit.
>>
Great looking cars as a rule, but I prefer the previous gen design language to the newer ones. I feel like the new gen has lost the characteristic understated elegance that I think of when I think Aston Martin
>>
If I won the lottery I would buy a _____. Ferrari is the most popular choice, but mine is an Aston Martin. To me they are one of the very few auto makers that can do a GT true to the category. A lot of cars can qualify as a grand tourer, but Aston Martins are the perfect example of what one should be.
>>
>>15744649
If I had 100k to comfortably drop on a car others' opinion of it would be the last thing on my mind.

You do you, Ferrari and Porsche owners.
>>
>>15744495
beautiful and i love them, but if i had the money its not the first thing on my list
>>
>>15744495
cheap grocery getters
>>
>>15747914
>cheap
>fitting groceries

where's the truth
>>
File: aston martin lagonda.jpg (558KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
aston martin lagonda.jpg
558KB, 1280x851px
Very underrated car maker.
>>
>>15747917
Cheap to me. And the only thing I need to pick up are chicks.
>>
>>15744495
Ford is a whore brand
>>
>>15747905
Obviously because you'd have to buy a house first.
>>
>>15747016
Ferrari is acting supershit to it's customers.
>>
>>15747929
You can't even pick up your spaghettini bitch.
>>
>>15744495
>no ecoboost
>>
I have to give them credit for keeping manuals. quicker lap times be damned it just more fun. plus they do look great.
>>
needs more Italian flair
>>
File: 1472585661026.jpg (13KB, 247x243px) Image search: [Google]
1472585661026.jpg
13KB, 247x243px
>>15748585
>mfw there's a guy with Vanquish on my street that lives in a commieblock flat that's cheaper than the car
>>
>>15750386
How has it not been stolen?
>>
>>15744931
thats why the zo6 is objectively superior
>>
I really like them. They look like fun, comfortable cars.
>>
cool designs
awful to drive in regular traffic
50% of the price goes down for the cool design and not material or refinement.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (1KB, 132x92px)
images-1.jpg
1KB, 132x92px
>>15750815
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.