[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, my missus and I are thinking of moving back to her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Hey guys, my missus and I are thinking of moving back to her home country in south america. I will have difficulty finding work there as what I do here in the UK is non existent there.

So I want to start my own business up providing an automotive service. My hobby is restoring old BMW cars and fixing modern BMW cars, and I'm great with my hands and general car mechanics. I have very advanced knowledge with repairing modern BMW cars, BMW diagnostics and coding. I could also learn other models of cars if needed.

I can repair and paint alloy wheels also, her home country has these services buy they are mostly really poor quality and expensive.

Do you guys know if I could start my own small cash business doing something like this? Do you guys work in anything like this and could offer advice?
>>
>>15744264
Pro tip, don't move to South Africa.
>>
>>15744274

South America, not South Africa.
>>
>>15744281
don't move there either
>>
>>15744264
>her home country in south america
Which country?
>>
>>15744340
Peru, nice place, nice people.
>>
>>15744281
Ya dont move there either
>>
>I'm thinking of moving with my wife back to where her family lives and I'll have no purpose
t.cuck
>>
Thanks for the constructive advice guys...
>>
>>15744354
Nice man, I spent some time with families in Ecuador
Sucks that they treat dogs like we rats there though, throwing rocks at them and laughing etc

Anyway, I guess you can but it's going to be risky, and a lot of money is needed to get the shop space, the equipment, the permits, the advertising, all for a chance of your business failing, which is an easy way to go bankrupt.
So i'd take it carefully, and try not to take out too many loans, if any. Good luck man.
>>
>>15744405
*like we treat rats
>>
>>15744354
Sounds great man, would you guys be staying in the cities or more rural?
>>
We would stay in the capital Lima, I used to live there for many years.

The only way to make good money there is to start your own business. So I want to offer a auto based service that is cheap to set up...
>>
>>15744443
Almost some sick quints there

Here are some potential problems you should really think about:

Well again, you need loads of permits that cost some money, and if you don't get them you can get jail time, but if it's like Ecuador, you can bribe them for most things.

City real-estate usually costs more money, so how much do you have saved up to put towards it, and everything else?

Keep in mind specialty auto shops never make as much money as generic ones, maybe open up as a "Euro Import" shop specializing in BMW,
or just advertise oil changes and other basic shit.

Lastly, do you think there's a single problem on a bimmer you can't fix that a dealership could?

Good luck though man
>>
>>15744481
>>15744443
I was thinking along those same lines, would there be enough Euro imports to sustain the business?
>>
>>15744586
Well, I'm sure Benz and Audi are just as popular over there as BMW.

In Ecuador (I keep referring to this but w/e) I exclusively saw pickup truck Chevys, Toyotas, Hyundai & Kia, Nissan and weirdly enough French cars, granted I wasn't in a big city,

Literally no other brands, it was weird. I'd look up best selling cars in Peru to get a better idea.

So maybe PSA and Renault will be your Euro source.
>>
>>15744264
Will you have financial stability if the business doesn't pick up?

Your idea sounds risky, peru isn't like the west, people don't spend so much on shit they don't need.
>>
File: RaceQueen_Kazami.jpg (214KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RaceQueen_Kazami.jpg
214KB, 720x1080px
>>15744264
>So I want to start my own business up providing an automotive service.

You should read the archived threads on this although they are not of much help because you are going to a place without the same infrastructure and rule of law as in the USA or England. If you don't watch out, you'll end up ripped off as all the corrupt people see you as a source of money which they feel they are entitled to getting.

Starting a new automotive business:
http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15453068/hey-o-im-in-the-process-of-starting-a-new-repair#p15475244

So, why do customers come to you? Because they don't want to go to their version of a Stealership. Thus, if you avoid some of the bad characteristics of your stealership competitors, you may get their business. Of course, if your arms or legs are broken, or your eye is put out, you cannot work on cars.
http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15419448
>>
>>15744264
>>>/biz
>>
File: lift.jpg (14KB, 474x347px) Image search: [Google]
lift.jpg
14KB, 474x347px
>>15744660
Hopefully the new business will be able to get a lift and a hoist without getting ripped off. Otherwise, it would be terrible if OP had to jury rig some unsafe method to service the bottom of the car. If he were working under a jack standed up car, some hired hoodlums could come in and lower the jack stands on him for a blameless calling card to stop stealing customers away from another cutthroat shop. One good shove deserves another.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.