[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on a career in automotive pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1472589152258.jpg (589KB, 1600x896px) Image search: [Google]
1472589152258.jpg
589KB, 1600x896px
Should i take a trade course in Automotive mechanics?

was thinking about going to a trade school- Perry Technical in Yakima being my number one currently.

Basicallly wanted to get ASE certified, get my trade in, then learn to do SMOG then go live in some place in San Diego.

What's your thoughts on this, auto guys.

>implying anybody on /o/ knows anything about mechanics.
thanks anyway.
>>
>>15734640
If you haven't started young like the rest of us their isn't a point in doing it. You're too late.
>>
>>15734680
literally why.
>>
>>15734640
Do you enjoy working on cars as a hobby? Because if you make it your job, you won't anymore.

>life protip
never make your hobby your job
>>
>>15734910
I'll second this. I have an AAS In Automotive Maintenance. I fucking hate working on other people's cars. But if you know nothing it's not a bad way to learn.
>>
>>15734640
Atleast study for the ASE tests... best thing I've ever done
>>
>>15734910
>this meme

you don't have to be a mechanic forever
>>
>>15734702
it's less about your ability to be able to, most people with a functioning brain could make it through, but instead, you have to market yourself in an industry where A FUCKING LOT of people have been wrenching since diapers....
>>
>>15734640
bump
>>
>>15734640
>Mosler Consulier FTW

Been in a MT900 with him. Smart guy. People should listen to him about cars and economics.
>>
>>15734910
>>15736235
But while you are a mechanic you no longer enjoy the hobby.
When you spend 8 hours a day turning wrenches at work the last thing you want to do is play in the garage at home.
>>
>>15734702
You should have considered this career when you were atleast in highschool. I'm 23 and have been doing this since I was atleast 14
>>
>>15734640
Go to job corps do uaw-letc and kill yourself because these motherfuckers make /o/ look like rocket surgeons compared the ase certified techs that come out of there.

Hey you will learn to hate coons too.
>>
Go to school 9months-1yr
Get job obtain ASE and those specific to smog
Get 5yr shop experience
Look for SMOG job
+5 yr of that try to be state referee and start making real $$$
>>
>>15741717
Interesting plan anon. I might have to do this. I get my automotive AAS in 3 months
>>
>>15734910
so the "get a job doing something you love" meme is false?
>>
>>15734910
This is a huge jewish lie to keep all the little sheeple working for them doing menial tasks until they die or kill themselves

getting a job doing what you love is literally the key to having a happy and successful life
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.