[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Lan Evo really as good as inishul D made it out to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (358KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
358KB, 1136x640px
Was the Lan Evo really as good as inishul D made it out to be?
>>
>>15732711
I think it just showed how every EVO driver thinks EVO TEH BESTEST.

Just like on /o/.
>>
The Lancer Evolution is loved by motoring journalists everywhere, although they admit it is extremely boy-racer. Initial D downplayed it if anything.
>>
Still beaten by shitboxes.
>>
>>15732740
Isn't the lancer evolution just a souped up shitbox?
>>
>>15732748

Yeah, but the shitboxes that beat it are even more shitboxes.
>>
>>15732711
Yeah actually. When it comes to amateur street racers, most people will be faster in an AWD car.
>>
>>15732754
Can I soup up my shitbox to be a lan evo
>>
>>15732770

What's your shitbox?
>>
>>15732770
anything is possible with enough money
>>
>>15732779
Integra
>>
>>15732783

>VTEC

Yah... you can.
>>
>>15732783
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=okdfIf3f5Ag
You could do better than an evo
>>
>>15732803
Those wheels actually make me mad
>>
>>15732803

Fuck, that's actually nice.

Wish i had the money to do on my shitbox.
>>
>>15732711

You have to understand the context of these cars.

They were homologation specials initially. Meaning that in order to race, they had to build a number of cars and sell them to the general public to go racing.

So what made them so great for the time, was that they were using specific parts and technologies designed to go racing. So when you compare the base Lancer to the same year EVO, they were completely different cars beneath the skin.

So yes, it really was as good as Initial D made them out to be. At the time.

Current EVOs don't have the racing pedigree the older homologation specials did, so it's become a little watered down in what a Lancer EVO means. Now it just means it's a fast car, not a race car built for street use.
>>
>>15732711
Take a look at WTAC results and then you tell me.
>>
>>15732932
Was it that much better than an R32 GTR or could Takeshi not deal
>>
>>15732711
yes

>>15733420
a R32 GTR and a EVO III could be a close match if the drivers were evenly matches. they are similar cars but i believe the GTR would have the upper hand (disregarding conditions like mods, terrain, corner tipes, etc...).

they both had 280 BHP but the GTR had 360 Nm of torque, while the EVO had something like 230 Nm.
to the EVO's credit, it was a lot lighter, weighing 2700 pounds versus the skylines 3100

the evo could win, so could the GTR, depends on the driver.
>>
>>15732711
An evo 5 won the /o/ Touge bench racing contest.

So yes they are
>>
>>15732791
My Integra is best Lancer Evolution
>>
>>15733420
nakazato's whole character was about not being able to deal
>>
>>15735151
How did Nakazato spin out going in a straight line?
>>
>>15732711
>tfw almost everyone in an Evo was a bad guy
>>
File: mitsubishi-lancer-wrc04-3.jpg (718KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi-lancer-wrc04-3.jpg
718KB, 2048x1536px
>>15732932
>Now it just means it's a fast car, not a race car built for street use
To be fair it's still one of the harshest things to daily, if not the most brutal choice for a 4-door sedan.

They toned it down from VII onwards after the FIA fucked things up again and Mitsu fielded the "Lancer WRC" instead of an Evo. It'd still do well on gravel once prepared, but it went from road-legal rally special (I to VI) to track/rally vehicle (VII to X).
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.