[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Subaru 2.5 rs "fast"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (10KB, 287x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 287x176px
Is the Subaru 2.5 rs "fast"
>>
>>15728843

negative
>>
>>15728843

If you consider what was knocking about at around the same time, sort of
>>
>>15728843
not really, but they look awesome and jalopnik seems to think they're the best
http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/five-reasons-you-need-to-buy-a-subaru-impreza-2-5-rs-ri-1601310699
>>
No, they're N/A subarus. God--tier when STI swapped though.
>>
>>15728843
It's fast enough, and will leave those big americanmusclefastbromoparyo.jpg for shit every time you reach a corner.
>>
It's not the 90s any more. Regular cars are faster than the impreza.
>>
>>15728921
I've owned one. Assuming your head gaskets haven't blown by the time you reach that corner...

You'll still be fighting to keep up with nearly anything. The 2.5 RS is sprung like a pig, it'll dive and understeer like it's lesser Impreza brethren. Which is no surprise, considering how scant little was done to the suspension over the the base car. The power is sorely lacking. While the 2.5 has decent grunt, for as little power and even less top end that it has, the AWD system is a blessing as much as a curse because of how much power it saps. 165 crank rated horsepower, and the dyno is going to tell you a screaming 105. I've been there, it hurts to see. The brakes are direct lifts from the base L and they flat out suck. Which hurt even more because as small as the car is, it's heavy. A full tank of gas will get the thing to just roll 2800 lbs on a truck scale. The brakes struggle hard to stop the car after even a few hard applications and were clearly meant to be adequate for a commuter, not for hard driving.

The car demands a hell of a premium and for the same price you'll be able to walk your happy ass in any number of cars that will walk around it. Avoiding the obvious Japanese choices, a C4 Vette or a DOHC Cobra can be had for the same price or less and will outright embarrass you in the corners.

>inb4 muh mawds
It needs every single mechanical component upgraded to be good, and unlike Hondas it's not even that cheap. An 8k car that requires 15 more to be passable is not some god musheen.

Still, it's good looking and it'd make a fun project. I'm still glad I owned one and I had fun with it, but when I sold it, I upgraded and didn't feel bad about it.
>>
File: IMG_20160820_095249.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160820_095249.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I'm on my second one. Also own a wrx and owned a 95 z28 before that. I'd best describe them as "tossable" . No you can't slide them like a higher power wrx, the turbo crutch isn't there. However they're light and turn easy if you maintain momentum. Set them up right and they're a blast. I stage rally mine and right now it's my balls that limit me, not the car.
>>
>>15729358
>right now it's my balls that limit me, not the car.
Why do you pussies always feel the need to comment. If you are a fucking wuss and can't extract %100 out of a 160hp car with out scaring the shit out of yourself why are you offering your opinion to anybody?
>>
>>15729358
Unlike the last guy, I'm not gonna talk shit on somebody who admits to being limited by balls in stage rallies.

Do you know Kurt, by any chance? He runs a white GC with blue graphics in SoCal rallies.
>>
>>15729090
You're not going to find a better rally car for the price of a old Subaru though.

That's kind of the point. It isn't a miraculous touge car, or drag car, it's made for slippery and technical driving. The suspension can take a hell of a beating even in stock form. Hell, I jumped my wagon and didn't even bottom the suspension out.

Besides the head gaskets the 2.5 is a strong engine. A friend of mine has over 250k miles on his and he races it.

I haven't noticed the brakes being an issue in my car.
>>
>>15729586
Oh, I take it back, I guess it's blue now. Haven't seen it in a year or two.
>>
>>15729586
>Unlike the last guy, I'm not gonna talk shit on somebody who admits to being limited by balls in stage rallies.
Good lord, the pussificiation of America is complete.
>>
>>15729620
Yep I met him rallyxing and have talked with him a few times this year about stage and car prep. Great guy.
>>
>>15729642
eh 2/10

Here's your (You)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.