[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a v6 challenger any good? I love challengers and am in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

Is a v6 challenger any good? I love challengers and am in the market but the basic model might be all i can afford. Is it a piece of shit with a cool body, or is it actually pretty powerful? I really want the SRT scat pack but it's pricey. Is it worth it?
>>
>>15728482
>V6 challenger
top lel
if you want a decent V6 get a BMW
>>
>>15728482

If you can't afford the V8 you probably can't afford the V6 either.

Getting a car like that with a V6 is like getting a big fast food meal with a diet drink.
>>
>>15728482
Only niggers and poorfags buy v6 dodges.

The challenger is pigfat and needs the v8 to get out of its own way.
>>
>>15728482
to be fair, the vast majority of challengers I've seen are NOT SRT's (actually mostly V6's). They don't sound as good, but they do get better mileage (kek), and they can actually put down all of their power. It's hilarious, I haven't seen an SRT who has been able to reliable put down all of his power. Even at drag strips, I've seen more SRT's burn out than actually beat anything. What have all that horsepower if you can't actually use it? You can still do burnouts in the V6, lol.
>>
File: big_wheels_up[1].jpg (80KB, 1023x451px) Image search: [Google]
big_wheels_up[1].jpg
80KB, 1023x451px
>>15728735
Because they don't want to do significant mods on relatively new, expensive sport coupes.
>>
>>15728496
>>
>>15728847
the point is if you're not willing or able to mod a car to make use of all that horsepower, YOU CAN'T USE IT. Why essentially waste money when you can spend less and get a car that accelerates just as quickly?
>>
File: no_mst3k.gif (2MB, 355x240px) Image search: [Google]
no_mst3k.gif
2MB, 355x240px
>>15728482
>Is a v6 challenger any good?
>>
>>15728482

The V6 is literally just an afterthought for the buyers who are poor and just care about the looks.

If you're even considering what should be a V8 only car in V6 guise, you've got your priorities wrong. Look for a used Mustang/370/86
>>
File: c14.jpg (16KB, 488x305px) Image search: [Google]
c14.jpg
16KB, 488x305px
>>15728496
>V6
>BMW
>>
File: resized.jpg (3MB, 3400x1913px) Image search: [Google]
resized.jpg
3MB, 3400x1913px
>>15728482
My last car was a V6 charger, which was basically the same damn car but with 4 doors (same platform).
Now I have a V8 challenger and the difference is night and day.

They extra power is so nice to have but the V6 was still enjoyable, just don't expect to do burnouts unless its raining.

Also the V6 sounds alright from inside when driving hard, but don't even think about doing a loud exhaust on one because they all turn it into a fart cannon.
It will sound just like a minivan because its the same damn engine they use in the minivans. (source, family owns said damn minivan).

If you're looking at just base trims, the cost of a base V6 and base V8 are not far apart, so just go with the V8.

When I had the V6 I always had the "what if" in my mind,

Also get the B5 Blue, red is for cucks.
Also if you can spring for it, the super track pack is great, having felt the stock suspension and the STP, there is so much loss body roll and the steering rack is definitely quicker.

Just think about how long you are going to have this thing be in your life, and if you can push back getting it a bit to scrape up the cash for the v8, then go for it.
>>
File: quality.png (83KB, 484x252px) Image search: [Google]
quality.png
83KB, 484x252px
>>15729019
>>
>>15728482
save up for the v8 mate

it's worth just waiting a bit longer.
>>
>>15728482
If you like the challenger but want an 8 skip the challenger.

The magnum srt8
The charger srt8

Both you can get for around 15 to 20k with medium miles.
>>
File: 2015-Dodge.jpg (2MB, 2040x1360px) Image search: [Google]
2015-Dodge.jpg
2MB, 2040x1360px
Eh, I test drove the 3.6 V6, 5.7 V8, and 6.4 V8 before buying the SRT 392 and can say the V6 model defiantly isn't a bad setup....But have fun losing to V6 accords and camrys at stop lights

You could easily buy a used 2015 Challenger R/T w/6 speed manual for the same or less price as a new V6 challenger. Much more fun to drive and sounds beast. Plus there is a bigger aftermarket for the 5.7 than the 3.6.
>>
File: 1462896188923.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462896188923.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>V6
>>
>>15728496
>>15728972
I think he means 6 Cylinder not V6 lol. Straight 6 is what BMW is known for bud.
>>
Well basically you get all the pig fatness without the only good thing - the engine

So of course it is, faggot op
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.