[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any thoughts on the 2016 Nissan Juke Nismo RS? I've currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: jukenismors.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jukenismors.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
Any thoughts on the 2016 Nissan Juke Nismo RS?

I've currently got a 2010 Xterra that is giving me problems and I want to trade it in, been looking at the Juke and saw they have a Nismo RS turbo charge for right about the price range I'm happy with. My local nissan dealer also offers a lifetime powertrain warranty that is valid at any A.S.E shop, not just their dealer.

Curious how the car is itself? Obviously it'll be quick and zippy, that's the point of it. Any interesting quirks or flaws? For instance: My Xterra has a really godawful fogging issue with regards to the defogging vents, and the sunglasses holder pocket latch breaks a ton and keeps falling, has to be taped. Or like the Chevy Sonic passenger side C post makes for a really shitty blind spot that you wouldn't notice until you were out driving.

Anything of the sort people know about the Juke? Or maybe anything good to say about it as well?
>>
>>15726877
Honestly why the juke?

get something like a fiesta st or focus st
>>
>>15726883

Not a fan of the smaller size cars. I have a dog that I carry around a lot, as well as a bunch of fishing equipment. It looks like if I drop the rear seats, the Juke has a nice amount of cargo space
>>
>>15726877
>a lifetime powertrain warranty
Verify what is in the warranty. Sometime things like turbos and water pumps are not in.
>>
>>15726877
What's wrong with the Xterra?
>>
If i wanted a turbo crossover I'd rather get a forester xt.
>>
>>15727188

Just got it back from a clutch and flywheel swap, still having issues. It's not under warranty and the shop is kinda pissing me off. Also about 13 miles per gallon isn't that great.

It's out of warranty at this point and I'm just looking into sunk cost fallacy (just dropped 2k to swap clutch/flywheel, shit is still fucked. Pedal has no stiffness, there's a cam sensor fault that's causing starting issues... etc). I figure instead of just sinking more money into it at this point, I might as well trade it in while it still has technically decent value (36k miles). It's been the biggest nightmare the last 2 weeks bringing this thing in to get fixed, get a rental car, hassle with the rental car (which wasnt cheap)... I would like to get something now that has a warranty again.
>>
>>15727183

I'd definitely have to dig and read through, but my understanding it's whatever is covered under the standard nissan powertrai..

The website lists this for engines of certified pre-owned, so I'd assume its the same for new

Cylinder heads and block and all internal parts, rocker covers and oil pan, valve train and front cover, timing chain and tensioner, oil pump and fuel pump, fuel injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds and turbocharger, flywheel, seals and gaskets.
>>
>>15727211
Go to the dealer. Get it fixed properly. You've learned your lesson
>>
>>15727266

That's definitely one of the options I'm considering, but I'm financially in a spot to buy a new car, and it would be nice to be back under a warranty. Plus the Juke is all modern with a touch screen, backup camera, etc. My X is pretty basic (even for a 2010) and doesn't have much going on with it. I figured now is a good a time as any to buy new
>>
>>15727277
Crossovers are shit. Only women and cucks buy them. Get a used e46 or e39 touring. Or a golf/sportwagen tdi in manual.
>>
>>15727248
Things I don't see on that list: throttle body, sensors (and there are a shit-ton of 'em), water pump, radiator, ECU, hoses, wiring harness, and cat.
>>
>>15726892
The Juke is pretty tiny too. It's not much bigger than a Fiesta, it's just higher off the ground.

I'd actually go look at a Focus ST in person if I were you, they're surprisingly roomy.
>>
The Juke is the car I hate the most. My day gets slightly worse just by having to see one on the road. They're straight garbage
>>
>>15727422

Focus seems nice in terms of stats but at least from pictures I'm not sold on styling. Plus I remember early Focus/Ford in general being kinda fuddy. I may go test drive one and see if a hatch has the room that I need. Another point that I do like about the Juke is, as you said, "higher off the ground." Having driven an Xterra for 6 years and previously a Tacoma for 2, I'm a big fan of being higher off the ground. Low to the ground cars just feel bad.

I'll look into the Focus though at least
>>
>>
Look up the jukes carbon build up and turbo issues
>>
>>15727677

The last hits for the Juke and carbon build up on google died off around 2010/2011, seems it was resolved on later models. Turbo would be problematic, but is covered under warranty it seems. Latest reports seem to indicate transmission troubles but they are non-specific if its the CVT or 6 Speed models.

Good info though, thanks
>>
>>15726877
Theyre fun as hell op. Friend works at dealer and let me test drive bunch of cars for fun (except gtr, fug) and it's just as you described, zippy. The recaro seats alone make it worth buying
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.