[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accident thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1566.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1566.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
Had a guy roll into my jetta sport econobox today....

Had about 4 feet between me and him, he started rocking back and forth anticipating the green light but I guess misjudged it. Randomly he just rolls back into me..... About 4 feet distance.

He goes "I didnt see you", yeah OK GUY whatever, you didnt see my tornado red jetta with bright AF LED DRLs?

Get off my road if you are that blind Jesus.

The metal above the wheel well is pinched a bit, that entire panel and the bumper will have to be replaced/repainted.

Then the guy scoffs at me when I called the sheriffs office to get an accident report... really guy? This could be $2K worth of damage....

Accident thread I guess.
>>
How is this 2,000 dollars worth of damage? I recently lost control of my Lexus in the rain and wrecked surprisingly did way worse than you and so far I've spent 500$ at most. I may have 300-500 more to spend but you're just being a bitch. Your car is fucking fine.
>>
>>15726603
Not op

Are you doing the work yourself labor is ridiculously expensive
>>
>>15726603
>your car is fine, just eat the damages and forget it ever happened
Sup, cuck?
>>
File: IMG_20160817_201044.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160817_201044.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
I got rear ended recently can see any damage thought (96 f150). Something was wrong with this guy. I heard tires squealing for at lest 2 second and this was stop and go traffic in a 25mph zone....also he almost hit someone else after pulling out
>>
>>15726567
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>15726603

The reason why these new cars cost so much to repair: all the bullshit they cram into the body.

You have paint, labor, frame straightening (easy as fuck to bend panels & frames with unibody cars), panel replacement, and just all around jew like fees.
>>
>>15726635
Tell that to the leasing company, I know /o/ hates leases but I got this for $79 a month($400 down) right after the whole diesel gate thing.

A steal. I could trade it in anytime and come out on top with equity.
>>
>>15726704
>new lease
>equity
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
>>
Had a woman in a tahoe rip the front end off my old car, I ended up zip tying it back on and drove it for another six months. Hit and run, the store caught it on tape but they couldn't identify the plate and never found the truck.
>>
>>15726603
1. The drivers side body panel is dented and pinched above the wheel. A scratch almost digs completely through the bumper. These will both have to be replaced. Labor to take off and put back on: $$.

2. Body panel and bumper come black/non painted and factory paint and clear coat must be applied just like it was at the factory. Painting is VERY labor intensive and genuine automotive paint and clear coat is VERY expensive.

If insurance is paying, body shops will charge more, its just a fact. $2K is totally possible for something like this.
>>
>>15726722

Sorry got confused, currently dealing with Geico.

What I meant was, the car will likely be worth more than the residual value at the end of the lease.

http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/what-is-lease-equity-and-how-can-i-use-it-1595834519
>>
The real question here is:

Why do we allow just anyone to drive a manual?

Idiots that manage to roll 4 feet back should not be driving a manual.
>>
>>15726567
>Then the guy scoffs at me when I called the sheriffs office to get an accident report... really guy? This could be $2K worth of damage...

Teenager went backwards in a driveway in a parking garage! He hit me. Then claimed I was the one that hit him since I was in the rear position. He almost turned the tables and made me the guilty one. What a frame job. Thus no citation for him and he got away with it. I bet he's another one of those teenager hit and run type drivers too.
>>
>>15726771
Protip i bet you were closer than that like every other cunt.
>>
>>15727099
No, I genuinely was ~4 feet behind the guy. He admitted fault, it was very clear cut. The subways cameras got it recorded but we didnt need that.

It was like slow mo watching it happen, I laid on the horn to no avail.

He simply thought it was acceptable to roll back 4+ feet because he thought no one was there.
>>
>>15727064
Exactly why I got the police involved immediately, could have easily framed me as being in the wrong or just flat out denied it.

People driving manuals need to LEARN how to drive them before going out on public roads.
>>
>>15726603
>I recently lost control of my Lexus in the rain and wrecked surprisingly did way worse than you and so far I've spent 500$ at most.

You did the labor yourself for removal of parts. You bought the parts yourself instead of having a shop buy the parts at their warranty-provided profit price. You prepped the parts. You installed the parts. You did additional body work labor and parts.

Shops do the same but make a profit due to capitalism. For example, I accidently pressed the button on my garage door opener while I was backing out of my garage. The door comes down on the roof of the car with a minor dent. I went to a body shop and to get an estimate. $1800. The paint is unbroken though there is a crease dent. It's amazing what shops charge nowadays.

I will fix it myself once I figure out how to remove the headliner and light fixtures without damaging them. I'll have to buy some rudimentary paintless dent repair tools as the damage is minor.

BTW, estimates from a paintless dent repair shop is $480. Seems way too high after the 9.50% sales tax is added on. But it is a skill to know how to unbend a crease in the correct order of operations since metal stretches and deforms, so simply pushing the crease on the backside can make it worse or crack off the paint. It has to be stroked.
>>
>>15727163
Exactly, Body/Paint work or any labor intensive work will always be expensive. Especially when insurance is footing the bill.

In my case, I know VW credit leasing (actual owner of car) wants it fixed with OEM parts at a Geico approved shop meaning expensive parts and expensive labor.

No way im going to be left holding that bag.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.