[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I fell for the volxwagen meme How do I make sure this thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: PepeSerious.jpg (43KB, 641x491px) Image search: [Google]
PepeSerious.jpg
43KB, 641x491px
>I fell for the volxwagen meme

How do I make sure this thing doesn't blow up on me
>>
>>15721837
Goes in all fields
>>
Don't be a kid basically. In my opinion the turbo vws were made for commuting and going to the grocery store until every millenials figured it came with a turbo stock so they slap exhaust on them, boost controllers and tinker with a system that was not designed to be raced in the first place
They are very reliable and very fun to drive if you don't fuck around.
I don't even like VW.
Drove a gli with the 2.0T that was stage 2 and I was never so scared of pressing the pedal. They really can hd the streets pretty good.
>>
>>15722240
Why so you dislike the turbo sport models? VW and Audi sure has a habit of throwing turbos on regular cars like the A4 but cars like the GTI and the 337/20th editions I've seen beat to hell religiously for 150k+ with no serious issues.

As long as you're not banging gears it can take a beating. The biggest issues I've seen is boy racers damaging synchros but that happens to so many cars it's not fair to blame VW.
>>
you got a gti right?

pretty much the only thing i can approve
>>
>>15722386
oh and the R
>>
>>15722240
>very reliable
Hahahahahaha
>>
File: viekas.png (68KB, 4400x3108px) Image search: [Google]
viekas.png
68KB, 4400x3108px
>>15722391
>this is considered as your argument
Don't wonder if people decide not to take you seriously.
>>
>>15722240

Europeasant here.
The 1.8T engine is ~20ish years old now, it's an old, tried and tested engine. Most of these engines go past the 300.000km mark, if properly taken care of.
The weak point is/was the turbo itself, which had to either work all the time, or not work at all. And that meant that the engine had to be revved constantly. On the other hand, the turbo would shatter earlier than normal . otherwise, the engine is bulletproof. It still lives today as the 1.8TFSI.
One more thing : this engine was designed for 300 bhp on stock internals, but 275 bhp is the sweet spot. Now imagine a 275 bhp VW Polo.
VW never really bothered with the petrol engines, they just use ancient engines. The 1.2 tsi, which was their first all new petrol engine in 20 years, was a complete disaster at first. The 1.4tsi seems to be allright tho. The 2.0tsi is atleast 15 years old.
Simple engines, chain driven, nothing breaks down on them
>>
File: 1468910629173.jpg (19KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
1468910629173.jpg
19KB, 231x244px
>>15721837

>Be my cousin
>Talk about getting a Audi tt
>Explain it is the same platform as the fucking golf,
> Brag about performance and exclusivity
>>
>>15723223

Now that i'm on my laptop I can write properly.
My first car was a VW Polo with the 1.2 chain-driven 12v engine, which was basically the 1.6 chain-driven 16v engine with a cylinder chopped off ( VW does alot of this stuff - adding/removing cylinders ). The thing with this engine ( both variants ) is that they are designed for 500k km, but when something breaks, the engine cannot be repaired.
>>
>>15722386
>>15722390

Not OP, but I recently bought a GTI and need strangers approval on the internet. Give me the (You)'s
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.