[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I save this rim?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 20160617_183134.jpg (2MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160617_183134.jpg
2MB, 3984x2988px
Curved it going 25 Mph (35ish kmh).
Will it be safe to get repaired?
>>
Curbed / scratched
>>
Wheel looks fine. Tire needs to be replaced for sure
>>
Is it a cast wheel?

>yes

Don't bother it's worthless.

>no

Maybe worth repairing.
>>
>>15721480
nope.... sidewall damage= kill
>>
I wouldn't put pressure on it. Pick up a new tire m8
>>
>>15721480
Rim should be fine, just maybe affected a bit balance wise
>>
They are motegi ff7s are they aluminium?
If they are aluminum is it worth getting a weld+metal.

Also for the tire, it's one piece right?
225/40ZR18 general Gs
>>
>>15721480
Dude I have a chunk missing out of mine the size of a quarter.
I've even had the tire replaced.
Wasn't even a Mexican joint that replaced it, was a national chain (I can't believe it myself).

I've contacted wheel repairers, they won't touch a wheel with a damaged rim. I'm trying to find an identical replacement but its not easy.
>>
So basically the tire HAS to be replaced and shops might not touch the rim?
>>
File: 2016-08-29 23.00.25.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-29 23.00.25.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
>>15721480
Don't want to bogart the thread but I had the same question, can this wheel be saved?had a friend that said depending on what metal it was that he may be able to build up some weld and grind me a new one. Nobody around seems to have a wheel like this one.
>>
>>15721864
>pontiac
no its fucked
>>
>>15721629
Your tire was trash before you curbed it. Look at your tread. Your wheel is fine, its just cosmetic. If it bothers you that much buy a new wheel
>>
>>15721864
Your car is a pos. Just buy a single steelie.
>>
>>15721864
You can continue driving on that it doesn't matter, all that matters is the bead surface is smooth and not fracked and it will continue to hold air and not give a singe fuck.
If you want it to look new again, go to the junk yard and get a new wheel, they cost 20 dollars.
I 100% guarantee you will not be able to repair that wheel fur 20 dollars so don't even waste your time.
>>
>>15721930
Not cracked* wtf phone
>>
>>15721480
As long as the wheel/lip isn't cracked and it still holds air, it's fine.
>>
>>15721930
I really don't care what it looks like so I'll probably keep this one. As long as it's able to be balanced, will hold air, and gets me to and from campsites we're good. Thank you.
>>
>>15721480
neither of those are damaged to the point of taking them off the road

I have tires I've driven for 6 years now with a huge gouge in the sidewall

As long as the cords aren't showing it's fine
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.