[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gas Kilometreage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: wat2.jpg (17KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
wat2.jpg
17KB, 360x360px
How to maximise fuel mileage on Silverados, F-150s, and Tacoma, and even those small UTEs like Rangers and Hiluxes.

Truck cap? 60psi tyres? Thin tyres? Buy an SUV?
>>
light loads, slow accelerations
>>
Manual trans
>>
>>15719914
>How to maximise fuel mileage on Silverados, F-150s, and Tacoma, and even those small UTEs like Rangers and Hiluxes.

Replace with one of these with the diesel engine:

http://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2010/03/1979--82-Volkswagen-Pickup/2949661.html
>>
>>15720110
oh fuck that's ugly
hiluxes are already diesel and so are some F-250s and Ram 2500.

>>15720011
hilux is manual diesel
>>
>>15720185
Older Rangers and Tacoma's do aswell
>>
>>15720011
That hasn't been true in years.
>>
>>15720210
it is if you shift at 2k rpm every time and never go above 80
>>
>>15720210
You have to drive like a grandpa to get good gas mileage
>>
>>15720185
That VW is a lot lighter.

If you are poor, adjust your life. Unless you need a pigfat truck for business, get an econobox with a trailer hitch and a trailer for hauling.

That works rather well.
>>
>>15720306
No.
>>
>>15719914
>looking for tricks. The best way to save gas is to change your driving style. that's makes the biggest difference. Stop looking for some snake oil magic cure for poor mileage.
>>
>>15720559
i used to try and keep it under 1800RPM. then too many assholes would get mad at me

gotta find new ways. like tailgating tractor trailers on the highway
>>
>>15719914
buy a corolla and/or stop giving a fuck about mileage.
>>
>>15719914
High pressure tires will probably help, but are probably not worth the extra cost.

Thin tires don't really do that much, they only really make sense on hybrids because of how a hybrid regains energy while braking. Thin tires are also common on little economy cars just because they are cheap not necessarily to improve MPG.

A very light yet sturdy truck cap might save a few MPGs but almost negligible.

SUVs will usually get even worse MPG than a truck of the same size because an SUV will weigh 300-1000lbs heavier because of all the extra body panels where the bed would be.

Also where are you that you can get a Tacoma or a Hilux?
>>15720214
>>15720288
You can do that with an automatic, and I don't think the Ranger will even do 80 unless you are going down hill or have a tail wind.
>>
>>15721691
That is awesome information breakdown.
I thought most light SUVs have amazing gas mileage. Only those FBI styled 8 seaters are awful on mileage but have their own uses.
SUVs also have the added bonus of always being engineered to hell and back again which means even if they don't say hybrid, they're always a bit hybrid (except for Jeeps and Dodges, of course)

Wat. My ranger's top cap is 200kmph which is like 120mph or some shit.

Tacomas are available in Canada pretty frequently. Hiluxes are import only or I can go down to Mexico and drive one up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.