[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GM reduced power display message

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
can i just kill myself, i cant for the love of god find out what the hell is wrong, i have a code reader and its just a never ending nightmare of nit pik stuff that snowballs into a mess that give you the reduced power mode. any clues or tips? pic very related

tried new throttle bodies, pigtails new wiring harness, grounds and more. still wont work. yes its been reflashed too. at the gm dealer and they are about to give up.
>>
>>15717041
Have you considered fixing whatever the codes say, or getting a ford
>>
throw a turbo on~ it wont take you out of reduced power mode but you should end up having about the same power as you did before
>>
>>15717041
How about you post your year/make/model and the codes you are pulling? You want some help, you have to give us something to work with.
>>
>>15717041
>the gm dealer and they are about to give up
If your state has a lemon law you can give it back.
>>
>>15717041
>what is wrong
No ecoboost
>>
Replace the accelerator pedal you silly twat.
>>
>>15717041
Its the cam or crank sensor you douchebag.
>>
>>15717315
m8 that car is clearly way too old to fall under the lemon law.
>>
File: 1415603116620.jpg (50KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1415603116620.jpg
50KB, 453x500px
>>15717041
>GM
>reduced engine power mode

Wow your car even lets you know you should of got the ecoboost
>>
>>15717041
car is 2002 chevy hhr (gramps car, bought used, last week, lasted 15 hrs till it shut down from drive home.)

p1516 gm trouble code to start. and yes replacing the pedal sensor too.
>>
>>15717776
cars in perfect shape, only 71k miles. never wrecked that we can tell so far. we are second owner per car fax.
>>
>>15717051
>>15717352
>reduced engine power is a code that is in all cars
>>
>>15717041
>GM

I found the problem OP. GM is top tier shit when it comes to their cars and the dealers who sell them
>>
>>15717041
Convert your car to carbs
>>
Is it an impala? They also had issues with water intrusion near where the connector plugs into the accel pedal that corrodes the pins. Search for a tsb about it.
>>
disconnect the battery for a minute and reconnect
>>
File: 1472039505659.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1472039505659.png
1MB, 852x854px
>auto

Into the trash
>>
>>15717041
Clearly you should be looking into the pedal and the wiring from the pedal to the ECU.
>>
>>15717041
>GM Engine
>Reduced power

surprised it still moves desu
>>
>>15717782
As long as you got that carfax yourself from their site and was not given a generic printout from the seller. Otherwise you can use the free VIN thread in /o/ for a report on the vehicle with that VIN. As said in other threads, sometimes one car info service will have data that the other car info services do not have. Not all the info services purchase or trade for info from exactly all the same sources.
>>
File: the GM cucks will defend this.png (2MB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
the GM cucks will defend this.png
2MB, 1200x1920px
>Reduced engine power

kek, typical GM
>>
>>15717041
You can always send in an oil sample to see if there is other fluid or metal particles in the oil. If the oil was totally fresh when the car was given to you, perhaps the previous oil would have shown the problem. But if your current oil shows that there is metal, perhaps the car got overheated due to lack of oil. It was then sold off after being topped off with oil.
>>
File: 1400890630195.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1400890630195.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>15719135
>>
>>15717041
This happened to me once
One of the connectors to the spark plugs was loose.
I did the same shit and replaced everything and nothing fixed it, until I fixed the loose connection.
>>
>>15719135
absolutely btfo
>>
>>15717776
>hhr
>reduced power
How does it even stay on?
But seriouslt get rid of it as fast as possible
>>
Check compression fag. Could also be something as simple as a sparkplug or carbon build up
>>
>>15717041

Have you checked your oil at all? They'll shut off and go into reduced power mode if the sump gets too low.
>>
>>15717041

If it's older, look into the head gasket. Check your oil cap for coolant and if it does then it's your head gasket. It'll throw all kinda of codes but they're never really consistent. If they point to a lean mixture then your losing air compression and thus power.
>>
>>15717308
>How about you post your year/make/model and the codes you are pulling? You want some help, you have to give us something to work with.

Nobody posts that info on 4chan! How dare you suggest it. Bad, bad Anon!
>>
Have an experienced independent with race engine experience run his scanner on the car.

The reason I mention race engines is a successful race engine builder actually has to know more than swaptronics. They can often tell more from a scanner and are better at diagnosing no-code and "useless code" faults.

My race engine bro is so good I bought torque plates to have him bore my motorcycle cylinders since I've seen his machining and know he knows his shit. Many former line mechanics start their own biz to make more money.
>>
>>15720182
The way to check that best is a leakdown test unless the oil is fucked. Worth buying the tester if you have an air compressor.
>>
>>15719135
t. assmad gm fangirl
>>
Usually it just means hot engine... your temp gauge works?
>>
>>15717060
that trouble for a neutered engine?
>>
Try checking the mass air flow sensor, theres a problem sometimes with people using k&n filters then the oil gets on the sensor because its right after the filter and fucks it up. I think unpluging it will make the message go away but it runs rough.
>>
>>15717041
Checked battery? Checked globes? Checked fuses? Checked Interior wiring?
>>
I've seen accelerator pedals and fuel pumps cause this issue. For sensors maybe cam, crank, maf. Unless GM trucks had MAP driven tables I doubt its that one.
>>
>>15719136
Reduced engine power is an electrical probem
>>
>>15717776
>hhr
Get rid of it as soon as possible, buy a civic instead. 2000s GM is absolute trash, I wouldn't touch anything from that era with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>15717041

Is it a silverado?

If so the same thing happened to my truck a few years ago and the dealer did the same thing, re-flash then a new throttle body. Didn't fix it.

What it was: throttle position sensor on the gas pedal. Don't fuck around with a parts store one, go get a oem part and change it in the parking lot blocking the service bay door (it only takes 5 mins) then show the service manager / writer / tech how fucking inept they are.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.