[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we get people to stop texting and driving?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1386874943318.png (94KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1386874943318.png
94KB, 396x385px
If you get into an accident that you caused because you were on your phone, you should either be put to death or given 25 to life.

If you are pulled over for using your phone while driving, 2 years in prison.

This is the only way to keep people from using their phones while driving.

Thoughts?
>>
slam into them or shoot at them
>>
>inb4 OP posted this while driving
>>
The problem with texting and driving tickets is that it's basically very difficult to enforce. You can't make devices lock people out based on speed, as that would lock them out during passenger scenarios or on mass transit. You can't make the devices lock out when a bluetooth (e.g. car radio) is in range, as that again could affect people in passenger scenarios and they could get around it by disabling bluetooth. You then have officers who will give people tickets based on them "seeing" you look at your lap, even if you didn't use the phone, and New York state's standard is something like receiving an email or text within 15 minutes is "proof".

The best bet to get people to stop looking at their phones is to offer bluetooth and basic smart connectivity in all trims of cars (as Ford does) to make it more likely they'll deal with the information in a non-distracting manner. Apple Carplay and Android Auto do this well, as they lock out the main interface of the phone itself when connected, forcing you to use limited functionality through the radio itself (e.g. you can't manually type texts, but you can dictate them via speech-to-text).
>>
>>15673475
Makes sense
But fuck the speech-to-text systems are always the worst thing ever. I can take calls with Bluetooth, but everything else is useless
>Dial number
>...
>What is the number?
>4035384878
>...
>........
>4003544738887433057
>Is this correct?
>>
File: Heynow.png (408KB, 719x586px) Image search: [Google]
Heynow.png
408KB, 719x586px
>>15672922
Technology only marches one way mate.

You can either try to stop it like a retarded oldfag. Or think laterally and find a way to work with it.

For instance:
> texting stop bays every 3 miles
> standard text software integration in all new car stereos to text via voice
> heads up display
Etc
>>
I text while going 80 on the highway

u mad, /o/?
>>
>>15673561
>Text stop bay
>Just pulling the fuck over

THE FUTURE
>>
Two things,

1st, last year I rode my bike on campus at my uni, almost got hit 4 times by sorority girls rolling through stop signs while texting. The last time I walked up to the girls window and almost grabbed her phone and snapped it in half I was so pissed. Every single time their bumper has touched my leg or bike.

2nd, my friend got a cell jammer in his car he can turn on and off from China. It has a range of something like 50feet. Whenever he sees someone texting or on the faceballs he turns that bitch on. I need to get myself one.
>>
>>15673633
Mph or kph
>>
>>15672922
>How do we get people to stop texting and driving?
You can't. This is why automatic braking systems and AutoPilot features should be standard in all new cars.

Hail Tesla. Praise Elon Musk.
>>
>>15673738
>2nd, my friend got a cell jammer in his car he can turn on and off from China. It has a range of something like 50feet. Whenever he sees someone texting or on the faceballs he turns that bitch on. I need to get myself one.
That shit's super goddamn illegal, though.

>>15673961
The only good part about self-driving cars will be that retards who both don't know how to drive and don't care how to learn will be effectively off the road.
>>
>>15672922
Lady rear ended me doing sixty while texting. Now my spine is no longer aligned correctly. I would do anything to beat the fuck out of that bitch.
>>
>>15673949

Mph
>>
>>15672922
Agree
>>
>>15673738
>cell jammer

M8 that shit is so illegal i dont even know where to begin.
>>
>>15673977
>The only good part about self-driving cars will be that retards who both don't know how to drive and don't care how to learn will be effectively off the road.

This. Imagine a world where old people, lazy people, and teenage girls no longer sit behind the wheel.
>>
Why not start using CB radios again?
>>
>>15672922
>This is the only way to keep people from using their phones while driving.

It's not.
>>
>>15675657
Lol but how is anyone going to find it... it fits in his pocket, and he doesn't use it near cops. Worst case scenario the cops suspect him of it and have to go get a warrant to search him and then he ditches it in a dumpster after.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.