[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corrado

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: corrado.jpg (322KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
corrado.jpg
322KB, 1366x768px
What's up with Corrado's, i don't see a lot of them,
I'm looking to get one with a vr6 in it, and i know that they have a lot of electrical issues.
>not really good with electrical shit
Are they a good buy?
>>
>>15672259
Junk
>>
I had one for a few months. Until the bolt that holds the start motor in also goes through the engine mount sheered off for no reason when starting the engine one day. It had done like 180k with 18 owners so I didn't expect a lot
>>
>>15672275
>the bolt that holds the start motor in also goes through the engine mount

Goddamn is that retarded. Fucking Germans.
>>
>>15672259
Hooned to the ground.
Same happened with Saxo Cup/VTS, AX GTi, 106 GTi, Polo G40, Uno Turbo I.E, etc.
>>
File: DSC_0387-2.jpg (105KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0387-2.jpg
105KB, 1000x669px
I've had a VR6 for just over five years now. I've had my ups and downs with it, but its a great car.

It's done a little over 180k miles and still runs very well. In the time I've had it, it has sat for more than a year, and started no problem after charging the battery.

Most people who have been in it find it pretty unremarkable at first. Ostensibly it's just an old coupe, but it's great fun to drive.

And nobody else on the road knows what it is. I've embarrassed more than a few modern "hot" hatches with it.

The only real negative (with the VR6 at least) is the mechanical complexity, if you like to do things yourself. I looked at changing the rocker cover gasket a while ago (a case of undoing two nuts on my other car) and quickly realised the throttle body, injectors, and inlet manifold would all have to come off as well.

But yeah, great car. Underrated.
>>
the g60 is surprisingly slow, but the vr6 makes the front too heavy. its lose lose

how to test drive one? dont even drive it, just see if the sunroof works. if it does the owner actually took care of it. that and the ac.
>>
File: Scirocco01s2.jpg (98KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Scirocco01s2.jpg
98KB, 600x400px
>>15674521
would you say its better than a scirocco? pic related
>>
Golf coupe, with all of the downsides and all the upsides except the practicality.
>>
corradoes used to be for sale all over the place in about 2004. every car lot had one in back they had trouble selling. the G60 was famous for needing supercharger rebuilds, and of course sunroofs, maybe sometimes the spoiler would break.
the vr6 was solid. not as nimble for sure.
i saw them all over, then attrition got to them. now here in illinois they are almost only a show car. no one dailies them anymore
>>
>>15674553

I've never driven a Scirocco, so can't really comment. The VR6 is genuinely quick, a really well-designed and well-tuned engine. As far as I know Sciroccos just got Golf engines. I've been told it's better to drive than a mk2 GTI, so it must be pretty good.

It's the best front wheel drive platform I've driven. It's very responsive (even with suspension that's long overdue replacing) and you'd have to drive it like a proper dumbass to make it understeer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.