[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /o/ what made you love cars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

Tell me /o/ what made you love cars?
>>
File: toyota-japan-hed-2015.png (384KB, 652x366px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-japan-hed-2015.png
384KB, 652x366px
>>15666618
Cars made me love cars. Isnt that why everyone loves cars? Because they exist.
>>
>>15666618
You owe me a 10 second car.
>>
>>15666618
driving
>>
File: 2May08-6-1.jpg (103KB, 1024x547px) Image search: [Google]
2May08-6-1.jpg
103KB, 1024x547px
NO. i love motorbikes.
i really hate 911's they really do have a pendulum feeling in the ass. how often have you driven one op?
>>
the sound
>>
When I drove for the first time. I just plain love driving. Almost doesn't matter what, but of course tastes filtered and refined over time.
>>
>>15666618
Getting into 80s Japanese sports cars. I love wrenching and for this these cars are goat.
>>
>>15666636
what sound?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUbSOKdJtno
>>
It began with a model of a third gen Camaro that I made as a kid. My love for shitboxes began when I just started to admire my dad's 2wd beater truck.
>>
>>15666666
>>
>>15666618

My first and current car is a manual. Once I started driving that thing I realized how fun it is to just drive, shifting gears and feeling the car around you.

Right after that I met some friend who were into cars and got me hooked.
>>
Besides the basic thrills of motion and acceleration, they symbolized freedom for me a suburban teen. They also function as masks or avatars that we wear. As a shy a shy kid with poor social skills cars were a way to try out and express new personalities.
>>
>>15667254
This ... is actually everything I've been trying to say but couldn't find the words.

Bravo.
>>
>>15666773
Fuck off /b/fag.
>>
I don;t like cars, I like shitposting, I heard /o/ had good shitposting, so I came here to shitpost. Fuck cars I ride a bike.
>>
File: 1437612356111.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1437612356111.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>15666635
man i love bikes but it triggers my autism when i see bikes in that shape

its clearly been crashed

why repair your expensive belongings when you can just remove some plastics and call it a streetfighter

so fucking awful

real bike enthusiasts know the owners a shit rider and judge accordingly
>>
>>15667318
fine have a ducati then.
>>
It's kind of crazy that this ended up being the biggest meme car but here's my love story
>no absolutely nothing about cars and pay them no mind
>12 years old at friends house, he's sleeping
>look through his step dad's stack of car magazines
>flip to this
>lose my shit in amazement, never seen something so beautiful
>car phase begins, find /o/ shortly after
>>
>>15667440
>no absolutely nothing
but u post know picture
>>
>>15667440
Forgot pic
>>
>>15667452
of course you did
youre fucking illiterate and bad at shiposting
>>
>>15666635
the awd models could stand to have a slightly shorter wheelbase but other than that they're prefect in every way
>>
>>15666618
initial D
>>
>>15667544
you will never change my mind. a car like a F type is so much nicer to look at, give me a rwd f type
>>
Video games and Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars.

Then I got older and instead of going 'this car looks cool,' I wanted to know WHY it was so cool, who made it, what was it capable of, and what other cool cars are there.

Now my dream is a clean Volvo 740 Turbo wagon. So somewhere along the line I lost the cool part.
>>
>>15666618
Watching rally
>>
they looked cool and were faast
>>
I read a lot of magazine about cars my dad used to buy as a kid. I really though cars were cool, but as I was growing up it became apparent that there is absolutely no practical reason for me to have a car and spend money on it, I became more interested in computers too so I just stopped caring. But then I watched Initial D and it kind of invigorated the passion, now I at least reazlize that I don't care if it's practically useful. Maybe I'll be able to get a driving license somehow.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.