[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of Chinese turbos and cheap DIY setups?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1446230296601.gif (2MB, 303x277px) Image search: [Google]
1446230296601.gif
2MB, 303x277px
What does /o/ think of Chinese turbos and cheap DIY setups?
>>
>>15661756
if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right
>>
can be done for cheap. there's several youtubes with info on the ebay turbos.

wouldn't do it on a car I want to daily though
>>
>>15661756
>Chinese turbos and cheap DIY setups
I think you can do anything you want to do.

A lot of guys look down on cheap performance mods, but I don't think performance is an exclusive right of the wealthy.

If you have the desire, means, capability, and intelligence to do it, then you should.
>>
>>15661986

until your cheap alternator fries my car's relays, chang deng
>>
>>15661986
poor people should ride donkeys and pay their bills
throwing sick mods on your shitbox isn't a human right
>>
>>15662043
Ok Mr. Kenne Bell
>>
yo you stole my smug nigel from the other thread at least change the filename you gay shit
>>
File: oaoaoa.jpg (42KB, 457x513px) Image search: [Google]
oaoaoa.jpg
42KB, 457x513px
>>15661756
yeah get some china turbo for 200 and blow your shit up
>>
I have seen this question asked before but never with good answers I don't think many people here know anything about adding a turbofarter. I have a few cheap cars I would love to throw one of these Chinese turbochargers on, and i've read plenty of turbo books but nobody seems to have any experience with the Chinese stuff or they have piles of money and wouldn't do it any otherway. Someone has the knowledge, please give us your wisdom.
>>
>>15662054
tell me you have actual experience with these and or other turbochargers, or, let me guess, some dip shit you associate with put one on his civic without doing much of anything else and blew his shit up.
>>
>>15662063
they work fine.
for a while. usually the bearing fail leading to compressor or turbine or both failing.

They are usually copies of proper turbos, but made using cheap materials, and poor quality tooling to make them.
turbine housings wont deal as well with the heat, waste gates wont flow as well, bearings wont last as long, compressors aren't as efficient.
you can guarantee they wont be balanced as well, and certainly wont be burst tested.

other than that its just the same as any other turbo.
air pipe work, oil and coolant lines, exhaust and proper engine calibration and you'll be set.
>>
>>15662103
Thanks anon thats what I am looking for.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.