[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are french cars shit like I hear? (I'm a car noob)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 188qq8ag5meukjpg.jpg (80KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
188qq8ag5meukjpg.jpg
80KB, 800x450px
Are french cars shit like I hear?

(I'm a car noob)
>>
How shit do you hear?
>>
>>15658835
Never fucking buy any French car, it'll explode die fall apart smell make you feel bad AND they are slow and boring/bad to drive around even in a "slow" (city centre) setting.
>>
>>15658829
pictured car is clearly awesome.
>>
>>15658852
Its also English... which is a whole other level of shit car.

French cars over the years, some are fucking tanks that just seem to keep going forever and others are complete piles of shit that with a full tank of petrol would double their value.
Guess it depends if they where striking that day or leading up to a strike, or how drunk they where after lunch.
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 1024x768px
>a French ((((car))))
>>
>>15658829
French car rule of thumb by design year:
>early '90s and prior: Bulletproof, usually underpowered, will eventually rust to death
>late '90s: decent cars all around, cheap to maintain, parts everywhere since some of them were still built for ages in the third world
>'00s: avoid like the plague, esp. diesels (earlier common rail, dual mass flywheels, DPF, electronics shenanigans... you name it, it will go wrong)
>'10s: Getting better all around, decent cars again (it's worth noting Renault took a dive in interior quality though)
>>
>>15659133
neato
>>
>>15658829
Peugeots are shit and a bitch to work on
Renaults are shit and a bitch to work on
Citroëns are shit and a huge bitch to work on, but dem hydro pneumatics mang

Pretty much the only French cars worth shit nowadays are Citroëns because they have smooth as fuck suspension and are super comfy.
Twingo is a meme car for poorfags, it's a piece of shit underpowered shitbox with the folding seats the only good thing going on for it.
The electronics, even the bare minimum the car has, are quite unreliable and the engines are varying degrees of shit. Car likes to rust out like it was going out of style too.

If you need yourself from point A to point B, the Twingo will get it done for a few months, but that's about it for the little shitbox.
>>
>>15658829

Watch this, it has subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL-pfm_KN4g

For a car built in 2011, the list of issues is awfully long.
>>
>>15659133
The problem with 2010- is they've not been around long enough to know how they hold up long term.
Building simple cars isn't really done any more, no one does it. That was what the French were good at.
>>
>>15659422
French is a disgusting language.
>>
>>15659811
>The problem with 2010- is they've not been around long enough to know how they hold up long term.
Thing is the relative rarity of very early massive failure on major organs is a good sign compared to the major shitshow that started around 2001. There have been significant improvements imo.
>>
>>15659822
Is this bait?
>>
>>15659811
>>15659869
I have a 2011 C5, not a single issue so far.
I also have a 1994 ZX, confirmed bulletproof, not really that underpowered either.
[/endofblog]
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.