[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project car progress thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1432170551352.jpg (1MB, 2048x1455px) Image search: [Google]
1432170551352.jpg
1MB, 2048x1455px
What's your project car? How far away from your goal are you?

I picked up a texas chassis FC rx7 with 59k miles. Rust free.

currently trying to find a TII motor. Cannot find one local, refuse to buy an engine I cant see run. Not spends 2.5k on a motor when the seller says "It ran when I pulled it 9 months ago"

at this rate I'm years away from being finished.
>>
>>15652832
Just buy one that needs a rebuild and rebuild it you dumb cunt. That way you know it's good. Put all the later s6+ side and corner seals in, and use some nice aftermarket apex seals. How much power do you want?
>>
>>15652850
Thought about it, everyone wants ~1500 for a blown TII in my area

s6+???

im aim for 350whp
and eventually more when i stiffen the chassis
>>
>>15652832

AE86.

I've replaced the shifter, radiator, thermostat, and added a new airbox to replace the fucking niggerigged bugscreen the previous owner concocted.

Next year, I'll be cutting out all the rust and welding new metal in the trouble areas.

Replace the bullshit cage in there for a safer autopower one with a harness bar.

Pull the engine and just start stich welding every inch of the car
>>
File: 1239450670188.jpg (82KB, 579x616px) Image search: [Google]
1239450670188.jpg
82KB, 579x616px
>>15652832
>How far away from your goal are you?

Pretty far. I went to 5 hardware stores and none of them had stud remover sockets so I'm doing nothing on my car for another weekend.
>>
E36 M3

Goal is to make it capable to handle a track day every weekend 2-3 hours away and come back. Car has 135k miles and I'm currently focusing on replacing anything that could possibly leave me stranded, so I'm breaking it up into 3 sections (front, mid, rear).

I finished mid about 2 months ago (shifter assembly/short shifter and linkage, clutch master/slave, SS line, and delay valve delete, clutch pedal bushings, driveshaft carrier bearing and guibo, primary O2 sensors)

Front for me consists of shocks/struts and springs front and rear (TCKline/Konis), tie rod assemblies, front control arm balljoints and bushings, front subframe reinforcement, motor mounts, oil pan baffle and reinforced pickup/oil pump nut safety wired. It's all easier to do it now than later, and it's all stuff thats likely original. That's getting started next week. I also picked up a set of 17x8.5 Kosei K1s that need tires. Probably going with Hankook RS3s in 245/40/17

Rear comes after. Simpler, just rear trailing arm bushings and trailing arm pocket reinforcement, and having a body shop replace my strut caps.
>>
File: DSC_0167.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0167.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>15652832
My old daily golf, took it off the road to save money and putting miles on it, it's half way there through winter I'll do the head gasket and cam belt, try and get it running on bike carbs then a stainless exhaust and some good coilovers and I'll hopefully spend next summer thrashing it through country lanes
>>
>>15652967
>And no that's not hilerious arch gap the car in front was jacked up
>>
>>15652859
>s6+???
Series 6. They changed the corner and side seals over the series 5 stuff. 350 is a piece of piss. Get a gt35 and you'll probably get 400 and great driveability. I got 300 with a mild port and highflowed stock turbo, exhaust and intercooler. Just be patient, or low ball the fuck out of the people with blown motors.
>>
File: DSCN0492.jpg (441KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0492.jpg
441KB, 1600x1200px
>>15652832
buy a jdm front cut, I bought a zc years ago and a 3sge and both are still running I think.

>>15652908
protip find a nut that fits, double nut, tighten them together then turn the lower nut with a box wrench

getting there with one, got the engine pulled out of the donor volvo so I can rebuild and replace the rods in the whiteblock for more boost, sourced a N/A m/t car for transaxle. Will go through them both this winter and slap it together come spring.

2nd car is getting headers coated and a carb rebuild, about to park it for winter though

drift truck is rusting apart so I'll prob just pull the drivetrain and find a new shell or an old celica to put it in

pic related, damn kids and their rice (its the donor)
>>
>>15652832
>pick up mark 3 supra project
>begin working diligently
>fall in love with car despite it not even running
>run out of money
>cry to myself as it gets towed away
>made only 1000 off it
>>
91 prizm my dad handed down to me
currently has a bad tranny so gonna change that and swap the 4afe for a blacktop 4age somewhere down the line
>>
>>15655169
don't bother, its a pos. Everyone is attached to their first car but soon you'll realize a 20 year old geo isnt even worth repairing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.