[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honda Accord

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: honacc.jpg (31KB, 555x416px) Image search: [Google]
honacc.jpg
31KB, 555x416px
Looking at buying one of these, pic related.
2.0l Vtec Petrol S-type model. 78000 kms on clock.

Any issues with these cars?

I've heard they are bulletproof and nothing bad happens with them, but then again some people say the same about VW and thats NOT true.

Advice /o/?
>>
Manual? You'll be fine.

Auto? Run away. Far away.
>>
>>15647696
yeah, its a manual.

Any issues with any parts of the car in general?
I've heard Honda parts are quite expensive if anything goes wrong, and for servicing.
>>
>>15647724
That probably depends on the country you're in. Most people on this board are from the US and will tell you Honda parts cost next to nothing, but German car parts cost an arm and a leg.
In Europe, German car parts cost way less, whereas Japanese parts tend to be more expensive than in the US.

I haven't really heard of reliability issues with Accords though, besides the automatic transmissions I mentioned in my first post.
>>
I drive an 8 year old Accord and it drives almost as if it's brand new, and it was made in Alabama
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (54KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
54KB, 600x450px
How would the 09 Accord fair against the 2013 Mazda 1.6?
In terms of reliabilty?
Im looking at both.
The accord I can get much cheaper, but its a 2009 compared to a 2013, so theres that.
The accord seems more expensive to run here too, since the annual road tax on them is 750€, the mazda is 390€.

I heard the Accord is also quite hard on petrol, the economy is pretty crap?
>>
>>15647749
In Ireland
>>
bomp
>>
My buddy has one and the only problems he's had was AC fucking up. Apparently it's a common issue on those models. Other than that it's pretty reliable I'd say
>>
>>15647787
I'd personally just pull up a local car parts site and search for that Accord and a Passat of a similar year, then compare prices for each category.

>>15647783
As for the Mazda, I assume you mean the Mazda 3. It's a much smaller car, so it's lighter and uses less fuel, but you can fit less people and/or stuff in the back. Reliability shouldn't be a problem on either. 1.6l vs 2.0l is probably the biggest reason for the difference in tax, but don't quote me on that because I don't know your exact tax regulations (here it's purely based on vehicle weight though).
>>
>>15647842
over here the tax is based on engine size for pre 2008 cars, and Co2 emissions on post 2008 cars.

Its bullshit really, as diesels get an easier tax rate yet pollute more!
An example: 2009 2.0 petrol - 750 - 1080 tax per year.
2.2 Diesel, same model 280 tax per year!

So basically EVERYONE drives diesels here in Ireland, and petrols loose huge value on depreciation because there is little market for them.
>>
>>15647904
>diesels
>polluting more
>>
>>15647904
Yeah, "eco-friendly" variants get a massive discount over here as well.
>>
>>15647906
>what is the vw scandal
>>
>>15647904
Yeah I live in Ireland and it's fucking garbage if you're in any way an automobile enthusiast.
>>
>>15647937
my nigga, you feel it too then bro.

Ireland is a bad country if you are a car enthusiast, and thats not even talking about the insurance industry here. A 10 year old car is becoming uninsurable because of "muh safety".

So you want a petrol? Ok here is a tiny 1.0 litre, and we put a turbo on it so it will be FUBARed in less than 2 years. No, you want an older petrol? Oh, those are unsafe, so we wont insure you, and if we do it will be 3 times the value of the car per year.
>>
>>15647695
I'm trying to buy one of these as well, although a totaled one.
Need that sweet sweet K24
>>
what engine is in the 2.0 accord?
k20?
>>
>>15647925
Do you think shitposters are well informed or well adjusted?
>>
>>15647925
It's impossible for a combustion engine, especially diesel, to adhere to modern norms, everyone probably does the same, VW dindu nuffin.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.