[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling to Carmax...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: carmax.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
carmax.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
Does anyone have experience selling to carmax where they haven't went full jew? I just had an appraisal done on a 2015 Subaru Forester and their offer was way low, $1k below the lowest KBB trade-in value. The sales guy kept trying to "neg" me, saying the mileage was high (35k on a two-year old vehicle, barely above average). I get that their offers are based on more than book values and take market factors into consideration, but based on the price they have listed for similar Foresters, they'd make an easy $5k profit on mine. Do all normies get jewed like this at carmax and not realize it?

As you can tell I'm pretty butthurt because now I'm going to try selling on craigslist, and I was really hoping to avoid that.
>>
>>15638957
Carmax is the worst. Basically most dealers and a lot of craigslist hustler types will offer you the same amount of money for a car.

You sell it to them, they immediately sell it on auction to car dealerships, who mark it up even more.

Only do Carmax if you've exhausted every other option.
>>
>>15638980
How's carmax for purchases? Different anon looking for a quick buying experience rather than the drawn out shit of cl/lots.
>>
>>15638990
>drawn out shit
What? It took me less than 3 hours from arriving all the dealer to buy my truck. If you want to have no negotiating power and still spend the same amount of time, then go with carmax.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 218x218px
>had a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
>sold it to carmax for 18 grand
>engine was replaced after my ex killed it by cracking the oil pan and driving it without oil
>had major bodywork after a logging truck slammed into the side
>none of it shows up on carfax
>>
>>15638957
35k IS alot on a two year vehicle.
>>
>>15638957
Did you try looking at subarus guaranteed trade program? It's buried somewhere on their site but you plug in the VIN and as long as your mileage is within their range and tires/ cosmetics are good they give you a price to buy it back. Or just try selling it to a Subaru dealer. Trust me I work for one. Getting used subis is hard without going to the auction
>>
>>15638980
Good to know. I was reading a bunch of forum posts last night about people getting above KBB/NADA/Edmunds value for their cars from Carmax and really got my hopes up.

And for the record, they offered $15,000. KBB trade-in value @ 35k miles is $16,500. And I'm hoping to get at least $18,000 if I sell it myself.

>>15639033
It's 17.5k miles a year vs. average of 15k miles per year. Not a huge difference. Either way I've factored the mileage into what I want out of it (both book values and market prices).
>>
>>15639033
This, majority of people are closer to 10k a year. OP you also have to keep in mind of course they're low balling you, you're wanting a quick hassle free sale which they can offer you, but they're a business and need to turn a profit so of course they're not going to offer you book value and then list it on the lot for even more.
>>
>>15639053
Boomer mentality. Sell it yourself if you want top dollar but expect to be the one having to haggle because youre the one anxious to sell more than a buyer is anxious to buy.
>>
>>15639053
>It's 17.5k miles a year

>People put that much on a car a year and that's considered normal.

My 13 year old 5 series barely had 11k put on it per year.

No 10k is considered normal, in fact, anything over that, your insurance, if it finds out, will up your rates for it.
>>
>>15639047
I heard something about that but I thought it only applied to buying another Subaru. I'll check into it.

>>15639067
>Boomer mentality

Not going to disagree with you m8. I'm not really in a hurry to sell though, especially at a 3k price difference between selling privately.

And does anyone have recommendations for listing a private sale in the US other than CL and Autotrader? I mainly want to avoid dindus....I saw the thread earlier that an anon posted about a dindu destroying the engine on a test drive.
>>
>>15638957
So you went to a place which will buy basically any car from any person quickly with no real questions asked, where you get guaranteed payment virtually instantly and they won't come back and hassle you about the car if it fucks out later on, and you were surprised they offered you less money than someone else would?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.