[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice/help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1467974794460.jpg (196KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
1467974794460.jpg
196KB, 960x925px
2012 Mazdaspeed3, out of basic warranty, still under power train warranty until Aug 2017
Blinking CEL after (IMMEDIATLEY after, not during) acceleration (4/5 throttle in 2nd and 3rd while merging on a highway 20 to 70 mph) that turned into a solid CEL a few seconds later.
During the acceleration, quite a lot of smoke behind me.
Codes read P0300 (random/multiple cylinder misfire)
Took it to the dealer, wait for results.

In the mean time I read about this a bit and it turns out it's quite common for this to happen:
Weak fuel pump (weak internals), can't hold high pressure for long
Turbo and direct injected engine needs high pressure under hard acceleration in order to run properly
Low pressure makes the ECU dump a lot more fuel (than needed) which is not well atomized (low pressure) hence the black smoke.
Super-rich (up to 9:1, some people say) condition fouls the sparkplugs leading to misfire

Now, if the sparkplugs are changed (or even cleaned/burned a bit with a torch), the engine will run fine until the next time. And that's cheap and fast.
A fuel pump is expensive (both parts and labor).
I suspect the dealership will try the first, hoping the pump will last until the warranty expires.
What should I do if I'm expecting this?
Should I argue with them (asking them to show me the old sparkplugs, asking WHY did this happened etc etc) or should I just call Mazda and complain?
>>
>>15637330
>took it to dealer for a misfire
All you had to do was do a power balance test and pull the plugs to check them.

If that doesn't reveal anything, THEN you go to the dealer
>>
>>15637351
>car is under warranty (for just a bit longer)
>engine runs fine (no misses, no hesitation), just the CEL
>intercooler on top of the engine/sparkplugs

I can't wait one more year to take it apart!
>>
OP again here:
What's the chance they'll tell me they cleared the code, they tried to replicate it and couldn't find anything wrong?
>>
>>15637373
Are you retarded?
>>15637488
Yup you are
Sell the car. You obviously arent responsible enough to take care of a turbo car.
>>
>>15637330
How to fix it you ask?
Get an HPFP upgrade kit
Install that shit son
Higher pressure more steadily and higher flow capability
Get it tuned once you do that
>>
Fellow mazdaspeed3 owner. Best thing you can do is swap out your fuel pump internals (around $300) which isn't that difficult if you're mechanically inclined. Along with a Cobb Accessport and a set of Denso IVT22 spark plugs.

Get a good amount of power, better fueling and spark. Then let the mods roll in.

Along with all this, I would recommend a stronger motor mount (cpe stage 2 seems to be the best out there).

I just ordered a ton of parts while away at annual training with the national guard. Got a cpe rear motor mount, cobb intake, cobb ap, and ivt22 spark plugs waiting for me back home.

Fuel pump internals are next up, I'm gonna monitor it wIth my AP for awhile until I'm sure I need it at this stage.
>>
>>15637505
>>15637519
>>15637525
OP here
really disappointed
how hard is it to read what I've written?
How hard is it to trust me that if I'm asking a question, I probably wanted the to ask that question and not other question?
Don't normal people say what they mean and mean what they say?

I never asked how to fix it, I never asked how to improve it, none of what I've written implies I mistreated the car, nothing I've written (I hope) IMPLIES anything. I just described a situation and asked how to make sure I'm not fucked by the dealer. And now I'm brain-fucked (figuratively) and ear-raped (figuratively again) by a bunch of idiots

Since when /o/ became invaded by ball-less pussies that argue like crazy women?

WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
>>15637575
You're the faggot for assuming all dealers want to fuck you over. They should know the better they treat you and more likely you'll be back. Fuck off.
>>
>>15637590
I've seen very few that didn't try that, especially when it comes to warranty work
Every time I went with a clear list of stuff to be done (not under warranty), everything was perfect though.
>>
>>15637575
Not trying to be a dick, but you came to us with a problem. We put our inputs in. If you don't like them, ignore them. Your post makes you sound like a total man-child.

If the dealer wants to fuck you, they will. Nothing we're gonna say on here will change that. What, are you so immature that you need affirmation? This isn't the place for it. Instead of asking this question, how about you do some research yourself?

We gave you our advice, and you spat it back at us. You're the worse type of car owner: one who comes crying on forums for problems neither you or others can control, and when people do give you avenues of solution, you bitch and moan in an immature matter.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.