[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Merrican dream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (347KB, 1551x1080px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
347KB, 1551x1080px
Hey, /o/, my first post here.

I live in Lithuania, and I have always dreamed to drive an american car. Not necessarily something exceptional, just that movie style 90's car, you know.

I have just missed a 1998 Crown Vic, but I do have these options at hand right now:

http://www.autogidas.lt/cadillac-seville-sedanas-1997-0127312935.html

http://www.autogidas.lt/cadillac-seville-sedanas-1995-0128233816.html

First one has 186k miles on clock, and I bet the second one has something very similar.

It's extremely hard to find any info about american cars in my country, so could you guys comment on general reliability of these cars? It's the engine I'm worried about the most.(Northstar V8)
Plus, what suspension does these models have? Is it air/hydraulic? Is it dependable?
At what repairs should I be looking at, given that mileage and an assumption that these cars were decently maintained?

Or should I just wait/order a Crown Vic?

Also, other suggestions in that price range are very welcome.

Many thanks
>>
http://www.autogidas.lt/chrysler-le-baron-kabrioletas-1991-0128049076.html

This looks kinda sexy, but I really want to experience a V8 for the first time.
>>
>>15636305
Buick Roadmaster
90s Chevy Caprice
Lincoln Town car
>>
>>15636335
These are with air suspension, is that right?
I'm kinda afraid of those, I doubt those are reliable.
>>
>>15636372
Air suspension was an option on the Lincoln Town Car. The Chevy Caprice and Buick Roadmaster did not have air suspension.
>>
>>15636372
I thought the later model years of the Seville had the magnetic suspension system, but the first thing I would do if I bought one of those it to check the oil to see if the head gaskets busted already and if they didn't, replace them as soon as possible and once that's done they are very reliable
>>
>>15636335
Also the Cadillac Brougham
>>
I would wait for a Panther over the Cadillacs.
>>
>>15636478
If he can take car of the N* he should get the Caddy, I'm surprised Gopniks didn't gravitate more towards them
>>
File: brrrrrr.png (697KB, 751x586px) Image search: [Google]
brrrrrr.png
697KB, 751x586px
>>15636305
I just thought there's "BRRRRRR" on that Caddy emblem.
>>
>>15636533
pffffthahaha
>>
>>15636372
The Lincoln panther does have air suspension however you can always put crown vic/grand marquis coil springs in place of the air bags. It's real cheap to do. Basically 90's caprice or a panther would give the best experience. Being picky go for the 1995 or 1996 caprices/buicks that have the LT1 5.7 liter engine or go with a 2003 or newer panther.
>>
>>15636844
Okay, thanks for your reply.
What MPG in city should I expect with 5.7? 13-ish?
>>
>>15636898
If you hound on it. But I'd say 15-16. I get 16 on a bad day with my 4.6 police edition crown vic.
>>
>>15636305

Your English is good for a slav. If youre a female you can come live with me and enjoy freedom.
>>
>>15637039
I hardly imagine a woman who would want such a car in Eastern Europe, where Ford Focus and Opel Astra is an icon, but thanks

>>15636952
Official specs say 18mpg, its about 14l/100km, is that right? Almost too good to be true, my 3 liter bimmer gets 19mpg lol.
>>
>>15637152

So lets see that Latvian boipucci then with your Zydrunus Ilgauskus looking ass
>>
If driving a panther will give you just as much satisfaction as driving a seville then for the love of God wait for a panther, OP. Do yourself a huge favor.
>>
>>15637360
Okay, I think I'll try to buy one at an auction. What is a fair price for a decent Crown Vic? Years 99-01, ~100k miles?
>>
>>15636305

Look for Crown Victoria's in your area OP. More than likely you can find a

The P71 (police interceptor) is only common here in the US and Canada only... which will be a lot harder in your country.

http://www.autogidas.lt/ford-crown-sedanas-1998-0128229900.html
>>
>>15637395
OP, what are you expecting from this V8 car? Are you thinking it will be like a muscle car? Nimble handling? Enough power to out you in the back of your seat? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should forget the Panther and proceed with the Seville
>>
>>15637470
That one is sold already, missed it...Will wait for another to show up or I'll just ship it from US, since these are rare here. Didn't see one irl.
>>
>>15637503
OP, don't get a Panther, quit listening to these autists and get a Seville
>>
>>15637470
>less than three grand for a Crown Vic in decent condition
I think I'll make a roadtrip to Estonia to buy a car this fall.
>>
>>15637494
I expect comfy ride, large soft sofa like seats, enough torque from V8 to be able to conviniently do 60mph-80mph pulls on the highway. Compare that to a standart passat/focus (that are way stiffer, harder, underpowered and less equipped than the ones in US), that should put everything into perspective. Crown Vic will be considered a monstorosity sizewise here.
My 2004 bimmer broke down, repairs cost 50% of a cars value. I can't afford a new luxury/sports car, Skoda Octavia/Opel insignia/Jetta with 1.4 turbo engines are my best options. Buying decent but used ~2009ish car is an option, but it will have different problems as well, as any used car. So I thought, why not go for something less pathetic, but fun and cheap - until I make enough money for something fancy and new.
>>
>>15636305

northstar v8's are prone to headgasket failure and headbolts coming out of place due to vibrations. They make a sleeve for the headbolts iirc but that and the headgaskets will almost absolutely have to be replaced before the v8 would even be considered reliable. it also burns oil worse than a doritos engine

Stay away from the northstars. Get a vic or town car.
>>
File: gucci.jpg (67KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
gucci.jpg
67KB, 636x477px
>>15636533
>BRRRR
>>
>>15636305
Go for a 90's chevy caprice if you can. they are more rare these days and spare parts are usually pretty inexpensive. Pretty nice solid ride.
>>
What about a Chrysler 300M? Is it a good enough car to buy it now on the market with no spares? I heard it's hella comfy and that's what I expect from amerimobile.
Not OP.
> memes
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.