[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American James Bond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 15fordmustang_58_hr.jpg (53KB, 600x346px) Image search: [Google]
15fordmustang_58_hr.jpg
53KB, 600x346px
I love GTs. The premier GT of the world for me is Aston Martin. I'll never be able to afford one, so instead, after the S550 Mustang reveal I was all over it. I think Ford did an amazing job in maturing the Mustang for the European market, and to me, it is hard to deny Aston Martin inspiration in its design. So it got me thinking, if James Bond was CIA and had a car with all the gadgets, would it be a S550 Mustang GT? That's my pick obviously because the Mustang GT for its burly V8 and a size and heft that makes it durable to slam into bad guy cars in high speed chases. A light bodied sports car just doesn't seem to fit the bill imo, but what do y'all think? Mustang? Challenger? CTS-V? Something else?
>>
>>15623575
Dodge Neon SRT-4 because it always has something to prove.
>>
File: th2ZJX24W8.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
th2ZJX24W8.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>15623682
lol. You know I've gone years not seeing one around here (513) and then last week I saw 2 within 10 minutes of each other while driving to work.
>>
>>15623575
Cts-v is a good one because it's a classier corvette. Challenger is a bit pigfat for this. Mustang seems ok. I'd like to see bond in a classic shelby or something though
>>
File: 4L_pe9JgbAO.jpg (17KB, 429x262px) Image search: [Google]
4L_pe9JgbAO.jpg
17KB, 429x262px
>>15623575
James Bond would drive an Ecoboost obviously
>>
File: 2017-lincoln-mkz-4.jpg (99KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
2017-lincoln-mkz-4.jpg
99KB, 960x640px
>>15623772
Ford GT seems too flashy. If ecoboost I could see the Ford Taurus SHO or the upcoming MKZ AWD.
>>
I'm thinking ATS-V. It's aggressive, but not quite ostentatious. It's higher end, but not halo car.
>>
>>15623575
Burger Bond would probably drive one of the new Cadillac halo cars they're gonna release along with the RMR Corvette. Right now there's just nothing that America makes that would be considered a true GT car. If they made a CTS-V coupe, maybe.
>>
>>15623855
The Grand Tourer term itself seems to be elusive worldwide. While I personally hold Aston Martin to be the standard these days, making a distinction between their GTs and their sports cars seem to be hard. I've also seen the Porsche 911 get called a GT several times in publications which boggles my mind. I would say it has to do with a lot of cars being equipped so well these days that the "luxury" part of a GT is subjective. Outside of its 16 gallon gas tank, I would say the Mustang GT premium is a good candidate for an American Grand Tourer, as it has nice creature comforts and the V8 fits the bill for spirited performance, and the softer suspension of the GT model without the performance pack gives a smooth cruising ride. I would put the Camaro and Challenger there with it by default, even if I haven't driven them personally. Though it is kind of hard to make their case @30-40k vs 200k of the Aston. Dollars aside I just feel the presentation and substance of the car fits.
>>
Hellcat
>>
>>15623843
But James Bond absolutely HAS to have a coupe, it's so integral to his character, Bond is literally what you're supposed to think of the person driving a very fast or luxurious coupe. So if it's American, I think maybe a shelby mustang or even stingray corvette could work, but not ordinary versions. Dodge isn't a bond kind of car, Chrysler is more Bond's enemy, and cadillac/lincoln are too town carish to be Bond like.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.