[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone Range Rover owners or anyone whose familiar with them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 01414_4cC7PEGm4Ak_1200x900.jpg (110KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
01414_4cC7PEGm4Ak_1200x900.jpg
110KB, 1200x900px
Anyone Range Rover owners or anyone whose familiar with them on here?

Im thinking about purchasing this 1993 Range Rover Classic SWB (Short Wheel Base) for $1500 bucks.

it runs and has 107k miles Also the air suspension replaced with Coil Springs kit 3" Lift so i dont have to deal with that nightmare.

The owner says whats currently wrong with it: ABS wheel sensor, power seat switches, Radio, Blower fan and thats it supposedly. The exterior of doesnt matter all that much to me, i know im buying a beat up car but

Would it make a halfway decent daily (esp in New England) (the car isnt from NE) or am kidding myself?
>>
>>15623395
Do you have a specialty shop nearby that could take on the jobs you can't do? If so, go for it. Watch out for rust.
>>
>>15623421
actually there is. its 5 min away from my house.
>>
>>15623421
I also assume you have some disposable income every month in case major shit breaks.
>>
>>15623428
I mean yeah I have some cash to blow since im def spending less on the car but desu if I feel like im spending too much ill just cut my losses and sell it for 1k or something. its not that big of a deal.
>>
I feel like you've already asked this before OP
>>
File: 00k0k_jreW0M7ao9a_1200x900.jpg (103KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00k0k_jreW0M7ao9a_1200x900.jpg
103KB, 1200x900px
>>15623471
i have.

i hijacked some other dudes thread.

and Im still not sure if I should get it lol.

Like I want to, but I need to talk to more Range Rover enthusiasts t b h
>>
File: i421637.jpg (65KB, 887x498px) Image search: [Google]
i421637.jpg
65KB, 887x498px
>>15623395
Go for it. Though $1500 is too much -- try talking down to $800-1000. To be perfectly honest: These pups are pretty damn reliable once you kill the gremlins.

A] I would start off by checking the engine -- the Rover V8 is a solid engine -- make sure the engine has never overheated -- also make sure you run a compression test and check for leaks.

B] Take it for a test-run -- make sure all the 4wd mechanics work -- check the diff~ seals for any signs of leaks.

C] Once A/B are complete and you have made your negotiations/purchase, Do a complete overhaul and disable/deactivate all useless computer/sensor gimmicks.[I mean everything EXCEPT engine/4wd/drive-train mechanical and electrical components.]

I kind-of skipped Rust since Rust is not a primary runaway issue on these things -- all important geometry and important body components/frames are glazed and galvanized.
>>
>>15623661
will do.

Thanks for the information.
>>
File: 00K0K_1d8Zwsylx64_1200x900.jpg (98KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00K0K_1d8Zwsylx64_1200x900.jpg
98KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>15623712
>>15624901
http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/HTML/Range_Rover_classic_problem.htm

more info
>>
>>15623395
the great thing about these is their simplicity - there's hardly anything to break

the bad thing is something always breaks

get a landcruiser and stfu
>>
>>15623421
>>15623428
It's not a modern Range Rover you plebs.
>>
>>15626663
oh it's a $1500 car, fuck it. everything is a lottery at that level. just get it.
>>
>Also the air suspension replaced with Coil Springs kit 3" Lift.

Its basically bulletproof now.
Except for maybe shit like power windows and such but those wont leave you stranded.

The drive train is extremely reliable. If anything breaks it will be some type of accessory.

A friend of mine had a series land rover back when were kids. It had been fitted with power steering out of a range rover.
We used to joke about oil leaks to get her mad but she'd always say it never leaked oil.

After a couple of years of owning it she decided out of the blue to top up the gearbox oil. So she did.

2 days later we see her father pressure washing the driveway.

A big puddle of oil had showed up the night before.
Turns out the reason no oil ever leaked out is because it had been running bone dry for years.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.