[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need something with awd, reliable and preferably with decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

need something with awd, reliable and preferably with decent mpg although that isnt as important as the first two. is pic related any good?
>>
>>15619852
Fuck I hate driving my parents 2014 impreza. it's way to loud on the highway, all I can hear is wind noise.
>>
>>15620096

It checks OP's boxes though *shrug*

You might look for used Outbacks 2005-2011 or so. They have always been more refined than the Impreza.

Also like.. what's your budget?
>>
>>15620104
i dont really want to go over 15k$ since im gonna beat the shit of the car
>>
>>15620122

There are several Volvo options in your price range. They are reliable, comfy, and some have part-time AWD.

Take a look at XC70s
>>
>>15619852
>decent mpg
>AWD

sorry buddy but these are hard to get together especially in a budget car, youre going to suffer in other categories
>>
>>15620135
which is why i said that it didnt matter as much. i just want to know what my options are. so far it looks like the impreza is still my best bet

>>15620129
wouldnt these be more expensive to repair? i do think that it could be a good option but im not too convinced. im a penny pinching geologist with limited car knowledge
>>
get a 4wd lancer SE. I did. I wanted an impreza but my faggot friend bought a new one and he crashed it within 2 weeks LOL.
>>
>>15620122
>needlessly beating the shit out of a car
kill yourself.

just get a civic for 3k and get snow tires.
>>
>>15620443
its not needless and a civic is not a good option. besides im not a highschooler with no money
>>
>>15620612
Here's what you should buy:

If spending 3k:
Civic

15k:
Chevy volt

20-30k:
Used infiniti or mercedes or cadillac
>>
>>15620195
ok shrek
>>
>>15620638
im a field geologist
1. i need awd so the car doesnt get stuck on whatever
2. reliable because having to get towed from the field is a major pain in the ass
3. the mpg is an added bonus because i have a long commute to the field from where i live

all are your suggestions wouldnt work out

>>15620653
i dont live in a swamp
>>
Ecoboost f150
>>
>>15620745
/thread
end of discussion, ecoboost>anything
>>
>>15620815
>>15620745
i do like them, theyre just expensive and i wouldnt need the bed
>>
>>15620826
not gonna lie they are expensive, maybe just save up some cash and buy something used? an older impreza or crossover
>>
>>15620851
i can afford 15k$ but not 30k$. i also have to buy something pretty soon since the dude i used to ride with is getting put on a different assignment. but so far the impreza does seem like the best option but im also going to look at bigger cars and see what works out best. my coworker had a 4runner so i might do that
>>
>>15620911
look at the outback

more space/power/clearance than the impreza

if you dont care about driving stick then the h6 engine is decently powerful and has a timing chain
>>
>>15620741
So you need awd for a dirt road. Sure buddy. Just get some good tires and bring a shovel or come along for the worst case scenario. Or just buy a wrangler tj with the 4.0 and fuck mpg.
>>
>>15619852
Any Subaru will be pretty good.

The 2014+ models also get good MPG for an AWD.
>>
>>15621389
>cvt
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>15621359
i wish it was just dirt road i had to be worried about. i heard jeeps have spotty reliability so i guess ill have to look into it

>>15621312
sounds good. i currently drive stick and feel like killing myself whenever i have to get on the highway here

>>15621389
yeah thats pretty much what got my interest. ive never driven subaru before so i was unsure about their reliability but no one is saying otherwise so i suppose theyre fine on that
>>
>>15621403

The Subaru CVT isn't very good compared the manual they really have not dialed in the economy of the other japanese rivals. And subbie manuel rumble is more fun
>>
File: subaru-wrx-sti-2014-4.jpg (922KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
subaru-wrx-sti-2014-4.jpg
922KB, 2048x1536px
>>15620741
>im a field geologist
>1. i need awd so the car doesnt get stuck on whatever
>>
>>15619852
Subaru isn't a reliable brand no matter what anyone says. It's a marketing gimmick. Go with Toyota or something
>>
>>15622016
i dont vape

>>15622074
>Subaru isn't a reliable brand
what makes you say this? do you have actual experience or are you just bullshitting?
>>
You can get a pretty nice used truck for $15k 4wd, crew cab options available if you need the space and you will have a bed to throw your geologist shit in.

Sure you sacrifice some mpg but youll have a big fuel tank so it will last a while
>>
>>15622102
>i dont vape
A Subaru is not for you, then.

Only a douchebag can use a Subie to its full potential. Were you a snapback-wearing robocock-puffing fuckwit there would be no terrain you couldn't traverse.
>>
>>15622161
i wear a trucker hat every now and then so maybe i can utilize 1/3 of the subbie power

>>15622144
any examples? i don't know too much about trucks
>>
>>15619852
Its a fine car, i own a 2012 hatch with the CVT.

Pros:
Lots of head room for taller people

Lots of leg room for all passengers, front and rear

Adequate trunk space. fold down rear seat provides tons of room for hauling larger items

Decent gas mileage for awd

Clean layout and easy to use climate control and radio (on Limited trim at least)

Good visibility all around

Cons:

loud wind noise at highway speeds

Typical bad stock radio and speakers

Low ride hight forces you to be extra cautious over speedbumps and potholes

Seats are hard and unsupportave and uncomfortable for long drives

Oil consumption issues. The suggested oil weight; 0w20, is just to thin. Consumption of 1 quart every 2000 miles is typical. (I've solved this problem by using 5w30 in the winter and 10w30 in the summer)

Stiff suspension can make for a somewhat uncomfortable ride at times

Anemic engine and loud CVT

Overall though, it's been a great car. Bought the car certified pre-owned, owned for 3 years without a single problem. Given the choice though i would rather have the crosstrek with a manual transmission
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.