[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better road trip car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 00000_3QZQkehDnkr_600x450.jpg (27KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00000_3QZQkehDnkr_600x450.jpg
27KB, 600x337px
I plan on going on a road trip soon, and I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. I could stick with my current vehicle, a reliable but boring camr, or I could sell it and but a supercharged aw11 mr2. Pic related. Tell me /o/, would that be a mistake? Pic related
>>
File: tasmr21.jpg (55KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tasmr21.jpg
55KB, 1080x1080px
no mistake
>>
File: 00s0s_iEYI2uAIbTx_600x450.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
00s0s_iEYI2uAIbTx_600x450.jpg
29KB, 600x400px
Do it.
>>
>>15616842
>mistake
Most likely.

>regrets
None.
>>
>>15616842
I'd stick to the reliable camry at for the road trip at least 2bh

You don't want to start having car problems that far away from home
>>
>>15617109
>>15616842
My main concerns would be reliability and the boiracer destroying snap oversteer. That being said, literally everything in my being is attracted to this mr2. The mid engine layout, the low weight body, the consistent supercharger, and those goddamn pop-up headlights. It appeals to me both physically and intelectually.
>>
>>15617158
>snap oversteer
do you enter banked corners at WOT?
have you not driven a RWD before?
are you a complete dumbass?

if you find yourself saying no to all 3 of these questions, you're capable of driving a mr2.

if not, save the mr2 money, go down to a liqour store, buy the cheapest vodka you can get, and then proceed to wrap your camry around the nearest tree you can find.
>>
>>15616842
for road trips you want a comfortable highway cruiser. sports cars are for short trips
>>
>>15617158
Snap oversteer isn't an issue as long as you know how to handle it, which is to say "never fucking lift or you'll go sideways but don't give it too much power or you'll also go sideways." If you're roadtripping you should have plenty of time on the road to learn its quirks on the trip.

As for reliability, it's a Corolla with the engine in the other end and a blower strapped on. It'll be fine.
>>
File: 1470966177943.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px)
1470966177943.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
I would do it in a full-size truck or Lincoln Town car

Or get a used Japanese luxury car, although I'm biased because I just got an Acura and I'm in love with it. Could totally see myself road tripping hard though
>>
>>15616842
>I plan on going on a road trip soon

The MR2 has far less luggage space than your Camry. It's ride is also rougher and noisier than your Camry. And as you said, your Camry is more reliable than the MR2. Another plus for the Camry is that it is everywhere, so repairs and parts are not only available.

One of the requirements of a road trip is reliability. You don't want to be stranded far from home and failing to be at your destination at the required time for your hotel reservations, your vacation spot, or your new job because you are moving to a new city and new apartment. While these concerns sound boring to you, well, they are boring. It's the usual "better safe than sorry" approach of those fearful of having an "adventure" on the road.

As for road trips, whenever I have one, the destination typically has a required date and time that I must arrive by. Because of that, reliability of getting there is necessary. If you have to abandon your MR2 to get to the destination on time, that means the MR2 will have to be in tow yard storage and that costs money each day (about $80 to $150 daily here). If your non-working MR2 is not in a tow yard storage, it will be deemed derelict and confiscated by the city and go to impound where daily charges are much higher.
>>
>>15617158
MR2 is reliable as fuck as long as you look after it and snap oversteer only happens if you cant drive for shit.
>>
>>15617158
MR2 snap oversteer is just fear mongering.
Any midship car can snap oversteer its just that MR2s are cheap and available to retards whos bad driving will prompt it.
>>
If your car has more than four gears and the cruising speed at 1250rpm in the highest gear is more than 60km/hr, then it is not a good road trip car.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.