[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chevrolet Colorado and its Scarcity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: cunt tree.jpg (78KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
cunt tree.jpg
78KB, 960x960px
I'm about to get a crew cab Chevrolet Colorado 2006, 2WD, 230 000k. I have little information to go by on the internet and I'm unsure why these aren't as comparable to the Ford Ranger in terms of production size.
What's another low, small truck besides the Tacoma, even more rare Canyon, or even the Hilux.
>>
>>15616528
give me the
t r u c c
>>
>>15616668
>>
>>15616814
:(
>>
>>15616528
Wew, took me longer than it should have to figure that one out
>>
File: pedo-bear-shock.jpg (17KB, 300x291px) Image search: [Google]
pedo-bear-shock.jpg
17KB, 300x291px
>>15616528
>2006

You are really uninformed. Get the best S10 or Ranger you can find or spend more money and get at least a 2010 or better Colorado. Or do what you just said you are going to do and enter the 5th plane of hell.
>>
>>15618145
Why? The first Gen Colorado and Canyon barely changed at all throughput it's lifespan. The only significant change was 3.5l i5 to 3.7l i5.

Pic related, my 2004 GMC Canyon Z71. I love this truck. I'm always worried to get into an accident with it though because I've looked and looked, and I've yet to find one with comparable options anywhere near me, and I'd definitely want to replace it with another one.

I will say though the puny bed on the crew cab sucks.
>>
That thing looks like a fucking dream. This is exactly what I want out of a Colorado or Canyon and seeing the 2004-2008 crew cab equivalent is hell on wheels.

I have spent 5 months looking for a crew cab, AWD, good MPG, low pick-up and can't find shit. Ford Ranger would be good but I would love a crew cab like you have.

When your Canyon gets rekt one day (hopefully not 10-20 years from now), I would recommend going down to Mexico and getting a diesel Hilux like I did. It might be a whiles away from NB, but it might be worth it in the long run
>>
>>15618145
Please inform me, then, senpai.
>>
>>15618280
>that park

REEEE
>>
File: image.jpg (264KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264KB, 750x1334px
I'm about to sell mine and get a stang gt
>>
>>15620412
>I have spent 5 months looking for a crew cab, AWD, good MPG, low pick-up and can't find shit. Ford Ranger would be good but I would love a crew cab like you have.

Explorer Sport Trac
>>
>>15620693
Truck to Muscle. NBD.
Which city are you in?

>>15620715
Oh God that's ugly. The way the body protrudes outwards is a huge turnoff, desu. Perhaps that's personal preference but damn I do not want that.
>>
File: 20150805_131049.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
20150805_131049.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>15620688
Was cleaning her. Garage is water proofed, i clean the entire thin from hose to wax inside. Easiest when parked like that.

Also, the engine of a 12 year old truck that's seen a bit of off roading.

Not doing too bad.

Although, i have had a check engine light for the last 3 years. Pretty sure it's the gas cap though.
>>
>>15616528
Hilux in the states?

I want to believe but unfortunately when it comes to cars America is a no fun. We need to add guns to cars so they are covered by the second amendment so /k/ommandos will make the government relax import laws and allow us to import them. Or at the very least Mexicans could bring Rangers and Hiluxs with them when they come over here.

Also the Ford Ranger was probably one of the most insanely economical fleet trucks of all time, partly because unlike most small pick ups they were dirt cheap to insure. Additionally post 2000 Chevys even to this day, have not aged well.
>>
>>15623042
Hilux in Canada after driving it through the Mexican border :D . Armed with a .50 that we dismantle at the borders

>post 2000 chevys have not aged well
i know this about the camaros but even the 1500s and colorados? silverados seem to be relatively sturdy much like the F-150s but less ugly.
>>
>>15623096
Maybe in states without winter but here in NY a lot of post 2000 Chevys are falling apart by 200,000mi. Electrical, steering, and brakes all seem to require maintenance pretty frequently. When my shop does get post 2000 chevys they are usually ones that have spent most of life in a garage. A lot of the metal that holds on all the plastic trim tend to rest away.

Dodge and Ford from the same time have held up really well. You still see good condition early-mid 2000 Taurus's and Neon's but I do not remember the last time a saw a good condition early-mid 2000 Impala. (I changed to talking about different car models but just to prove my point).
>>
>>15623345
In Ontario (same basic weather as NY), we have at least as many old S10s on the road as Rangers, and iirc the Ranger sold more.

Their trucks and cars might as well be separate companies, they've never followed the same standards of reliability. The trucks have stood up much better. Having said that, we also have a lot more sunfires/cavaliers on the road than Focuses or neons, but it's probably because they sold more (and poor people have them, and poor people have to keep them on the road).

Funny how we think that small, simple, cheap little cars/trucks are generally more reliable just because we see old ones. Truth is, it's because there was a lot of them, and it's not like someone is bringing back their Geo Metro to the dealer to lease another brand new one.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.