[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insurance question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: auto claim.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
auto claim.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Backstory: I was pulling into a parking spot, and the passenger of the vehicle next to me opened his door, I had no time to react, so my mirror caught his door.

I called their insurance, and they found me at 75% fault, and them at 25% fault.

I called my insurance, and they found them at 100% fault.

I can get my car fixed, but I just have to pay my deductible, whereas the other company would just pitch in 25% of the fee.

Inb4 the other party lied to the insurance, because they did.

Thoughts? How can they have completely different fault determination?
>>
The others guys insurance found you at fault.
Your insurance didn't.
Now let that take a minute to process. You will have your answer then
>>
>>15614057
no shit, but I was under the impression that if they are found at fault, my insurance would go after theirs for damages, hence both insurance companies should technically have the same fault determination.
>>
>>15614072
They are supposed to come to an agreement
>>
>>15614120
yeah that's what I am thinking as well, but that is not what is happening here, both insurances are at completely different conclusions. Which strikes me as odd, and pisses me off.
>>
>>15614140
Don't worry about it. Let them figure it out
>>
>>15614049
I think it's country dependent. In my country you would be 100% guilty since vechiles that are CORRECTLY parked and engine stopped can't move. You on the other hand drive your vechicle so theoretically you should have made arrangements to avoid situation where you collide with other car. I think we even had a supreme court case about guy opening a door in a parked car on the street and the other guy hit his door, but didn't have any chance to avoid hitting that door.
>>
>>15614172
well that's stupid, If I were riding a motorcycle, you open your door without watching out for other traffic and I die, the insurance would put my dead body at 100% fault.
>>
>>15614188
Yepp, sad but true. You see, you as a motocyclist should have followed rule of limited trust around parked vechiles and you did not, thus it's your fault for observing people getting into the car.
>>
>>15614170
Actually it's not even that much damage, i could repair it for $20, but I am sure a shop would quote it at $300-$600. hell, $300 is 6 hours of work for me, wouldn't mind a days worth of work in my pocket.
>>
Welp thanks all, just as i thought, just another corrupt system. I guess all that I can do is send pizzas to his house.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.