[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/ Related Things Normies Believe/Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1469586551493.jpg (41KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1469586551493.jpg
41KB, 400x323px
Today I got in a huge argument with my mom. I do most of the mechanic work for my moms truck (I gave her my old s10) Today she asked me to change her oil. When I went to change her oil i noticed that her rear tires had far less tread than the front tires. I asked her why are they like that and she responded
> Oh, my coworker told me that the good tires have to go in the front not the back
> "Mom that isn't true, the tires with more tread go on the back"
> NO anon HE told me they go in the front and I've heard this many times before from people that know a lot more than you!
> "Mom, any tire manufacturer and even Car company will tell you that good tires must be mounted in the back"
> No, i have ALWAYS heard that good tires go in the front, why are you so ignorant! He is far older than you, and has worked on cars a lot more than you have he knows what he's talking about!
> "alright whatever, have fun hydroplaning and spinning out, i won't help you, you can call him to help you"
> Whatever don't even change my oil anymore I'll just take it to go get changed somewhere!
> "Okay"

Anyone ever had to deal with ignorant bullshit like this?
>>
>>15584348
If you have FWD and know how to drive (aren't a stupid normie) then put the good tires on the front. Otherwise you're right.
>>
>>15584383
It's actually been debunked that the good tires should ALWAYS be in the rear end of the vehicle regardless of drivetrain.
>>
I'd much prefer the good tires up front. Braking is more important than acceleration.
>>
>>15584348
Tel her that's because the car is RWD good tire go at the back or explain her why understeer is better than oversteer
>>
File: 1442588371923.jpg (42KB, 533x594px) Image search: [Google]
1442588371923.jpg
42KB, 533x594px
>>15585760
>understeer is better than oversteer
>>
>>15585766
In a RWD car driven by a normie who doesn't know how to correct oversteer, understeer is indeed better.
>>
>>15585735
That more about were you will loose traction first
The front :understeer
The rear: oversteer
And since recovering from understeer is easier
>>
>>15584383
>>15585735
Just read this. These people know what they are talking about.
http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=52>>15585735
>>
>>15585766
That not a race car and his mom hisn't a race driver
It's easier to correct
Plus spining in the middle of the road is really more dangerous since you will probably get hit by other cars on the side wich is the weakest point of the car
>>
>>15584348
Have friends who have never opened their bonnets, no idea how to change tires and don't send their cars to a mechanic ever. I serviced a female friends car and fixed her speakers the other week and holy shit. The oil was fucked, the lifters noisy as, oil all over the engine and I have no idea how her belts hadn't given out. The car was as new when she bought it. It hadn't been serviced in 2 years apparently. All of my normie friends are completely useless and they're completely fucked if their car breaks down on the side of the road
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.